Fans of Les Mills Pump?

Options
Message me if you are interested in started a new challenge with me! Whether you have the home system or go to the gym for the classes, 90-Days, 3-days weights, 3 days cardio, 1 rest day. Weekly posting of your weight on a shared spreadsheet, monthly measurements. Let's motivate each other with weekly communication, sharing goals, and success!

Starts May 21!

pump.jpg

Replies

• gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, there's a home system? I didn't know that! I just heard there was "works" of getting on, but cool that it happened. Pump was my first lifting class years ago. Then I switched gyms and didn't have Les Mills programs so I stopped lifting. I miss those classes sooo much!
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I just went to Pump for the first time today and I loved it!!
    It's actually really late right now but I don't want to go to sleep because I know I'm going to be super sore when I wake up.

I'm interested in this challenge!
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    I'm really interested in attending the classes at my gym, but I'm terrified.
  • siobhano_
    siobhano_ Posts: 101
    Options
    Don't be scared of the gym classes, they're amazing! I'm very, very weedy and weak, and pump has made such a difference to my physique, it's amazing. Talk about toned arms, a flatter tummy, leaner legs and a perkier *kitten*!

When you go for the first time, they'll probably ask if there are any newbies, and someone will start you off with nice light weights. They guide you through it and it's so easy, plus the music rocks!
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    Awesomesauce...think I'll try a class out this week. Thank you so much for giving me the bit of encouragement I needed to stop being scared haha!
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Is this the same as Body Pump?
  • Runningchick11
    Runningchick11 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yes it is, you can either go to the gym and take a class, or you can buy a kit online that has the barbell, weights, and dvd's so you can do the program in your living room!

I am interested in doing it! I think I can this time!! Good motivation!
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I enjoy body pump classes although my shoulders hate me for it. I never thought I'd get to the stage when squats would be relaxing but after some of the other moves they actually are....
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, there's a home system? I didn't know that! I just heard there was "works" of getting on, but cool that it happened. Pump was my first lifting class years ago. Then I switched gyms and didn't have Les Mills programs so I stopped lifting. I miss those classes sooo much!

yes, they went in with BeachBody and it was released at the beginning of the year. It's actually pretty affordable, if you're looking for an at home program like this I do recommend it.
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Awesomesauce...think I'll try a class out this week. Thank you so much for giving me the bit of encouragement I needed to stop being scared haha!

Yeah - don't be scared! You'll be preventing yourself from going to some seriously awesome classes! I was too scared to go to a Les Mills class (or any class for that matter), but I had a friend tell me they were good and joined me in my first one. It's kind of nice, because the instructors sometimes ask who is new to the class, and while that may sound more embarrassing, I look at it as a "Okay people, I'm new here this is why I'm about to look really dumb!" You'll REALLY enjoy it, and you'll kick yourself for not going just because you were nervouse. It's a GREAT workout! Now I do Pump, Combat, and Attack at least 4x a week (not each, but I do a LM class at least 4x a week).
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I'll be going to try Body Pump when my gym membership kicks in next month. My coworker swears by it and I'm curious
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I have the home version from beachbody and I love it!
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    For the people who are interested in trying body pump for the first time:
    1) Let the instructor know that you are new and they can tell you what equipment to grab
    2) Go lighter on the weights than you would normally. You will be doing about 800 repetitions per class and that is a lot for some people.
    3) Stay for the cool down, seriously. Your body will thank you.
  • StarletteS
    StarletteS Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm on week 4 of my first run...
  • amccord2
    amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options

Yes, I too was a member of the gym until one of my wonderful co-workers hipped me to it! It was released in December. It is absolutely fabulous; the music, the men, even Les Mills Jr. himself!

Here's a link if you'd like to explore: http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/les-mills-pump-workout.do?code=SEMB_GOOGLE_LMP&gclid=CKv6nOejhbACFY_J7Qodol8umg
  • amccord2
    Options
    I'm in. I'm on week 4 of my first run...

I will add you! Looking forward to it! That's what makes the challenge so great. Just jump in where you are in the program.
  • amccord2
    Options
    For the people who are interested in trying body pump for the first time:
    1) Let the instructor know that you are new and they can tell you what equipment to grab
    2) Go lighter on the weights than you would normally. You will be doing about 800 repetitions per class and that is a lot for some people.
    3) Stay for the cool down, seriously. Your body will thank you.

Thanks for that great advice!
  • amccord2
    Options
    I'll be going to try Body Pump when my gym membership kicks in next month. My coworker swears by it and I'm curious

It will definitely reshape your body. Women can build sexy muscles without bulking up, and guys can get buff too!
  • amccord2
    Options
    I just went to Pump for the first time today and I loved it!!
    It's actually really late right now but I don't want to go to sleep because I know I'm going to be super sore when I wake up.

I'm interested in this challenge!

Great! I'll add you! You will get over the soreness. "Discoveri" gave some great advice in this thread. Check it out!
  • Ashleysh22
    Ashleysh22 Posts: 209
    Options
    I LOVE the at home system. I injured my knee last week and am currently out of commission and it makes me so sad! I hope all ya'all are working extra hard at it FOR me!