MFP Knows of what it speaks! :-D

Options
5 weeks ago I wrote down what MFP projected I would weigh if I followed the calorie/exercise path I was at the time. Well I did, I followed it pretty close. I wrote that number on my calender at work. I came in this morning and WOWZER :noway: to the exact ounce LOL. I couldn't believe it! I'm going to write down the next 5 week projection when I'm done logging for the day. Hopefully I'll be back here in 5 weeks telling you the same thing. :smokin:

Have a good day everyone! :bigsmile:

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Cool! :happy:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    that number always keeps me on track, if i go really over, and click 'i am done logging' . if i do that, then it tells me how ridiculously many more lbs i would weigh and it snaps me right back on track!!

i think thats so cool that you actually followed up on it though...i should listen to mfp more often.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I've been using mine as a motivator and I've stayed on track, yet today I'm 2 pounds heavier. What happened?
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Lol, I always wondered if the numbers they project would be true. I never thought to write it down and keep track.

Good for you!

Ilike2moveit....your body can fluctuate plus or minus a few pounds daily. The extra 2 lbs could be water weight.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I've been using mine as a motivator and I've stayed on track, yet today I'm 2 pounds heavier. What happened?

You can't gain 2 ACTUAL pounds that quickly. A pound consists of 3500 calories so you would have to eat 7000 calories more then you burn off to gain actual weight. Don't get discouraged. I know it isn't easy, but the scale can be so fickle. It's all about how you feel. Do your clothes feel more roomy? Measuring is also a great tool to monitor more accurately how you're doing. The scale is only one indicator of our success, and we give it way too much credit!

This coming from the gal that started the thread with what the scale read! LOL :smokin:

Don't give up! Hang in there! Keep doing the things you've been doing and you'll succeed in the long run!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!