Ever use "quick add calories" to hide something weird?

Options
arock1000
arock1000 Posts: 61 Member
Here's your chance to come clean! Did you eat fries dipped in a Wendy's frosty? An entire can of frosting? A ketchup and cheese sandwich?

Let's hear it! Get it off your chest once and for all.

Hi, my name is arock1000 and I quick added calories. I ate most of a Costco size bag of BBQ pop chips!
Your turn :)

Replies

• tomakehermine
    Options
    i use the quick add calories all the time but i always ALWAYS write what it was down in the food notes section.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Haha!! Well, kinda I guess. I went to 3 family cookouts this weekend and there were lots of side dishes so I pretty much looked them up and then did a quick add instead of listing them out individually (praying that it was accurate since I don't know how everything was prepared!).
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i have used quick add for chips.. but b/c i was to lazy to go look them up ..
    usually i just put the food.. so i do not feel like im hiding .. just being lazy :blushing:
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I usually use them for estimated calories like if i dont know the name or if it was homemade...or if i know the calories already but i dont feel like looking it up..
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    A few times to try to cover things such as licking the bowl/spoon.
  • chantalb20
    chantalb20 Posts: 132
    Options
    once i ate a tube of condensed milk... i used quick add for that.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    i know lots of people that do it to hide beer.............
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    LOL I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that does this, however... I don't think I'm ready to come clean just yet. LOL
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Well, I have checked to see if a few things were in the database already, and they were--so I can assume there are many people who don't do this--I guess they are just freaks.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Never. I am never embarrassed (or find it weird) by the food I eat, just by the choices and quantity.

The few times I've used quick calories was when I couldn't find something in the database and had to look up onlin and couple of times when I ate with my friends and I had no idea what methods or quantity of butter/oil was used so I had to guesstimate
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I learned edible undies are something like 70 calories.

No, sorry you wont find 70 added calories in my diary. :tongue:
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I usually do it when I can't be bothered with writing down something complicated. Like I went to a baby shower last weekend, and had a little bit of about 8 things. Was just way easier to quick add estimated calories.
  • lowbpoint
    lowbpoint Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i didnt know you could just add cals, today is my birthday and i ate two thirds of a piece of cake that is over 1k a slice total.
    :/
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Nope. I log it all. The good, the bad, and the craft beer!
  • sharpeoplepc
    sharpeoplepc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't care what anyone else thinks. I'm doing this for me!
  • badgranola
    badgranola Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i know lots of people that do it to hide beer.............

Hahaha I always add my beer as a "snack"
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I do that sometimes but mostly it's just because I am trying to save time for example jelly for my toast. I have never done it to actually try to hide what I have ate.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I only do it when i'ts easier, like with made-to-order sheetz food that isn't already entered into the database. I eat a lot of what people on here tell me is "bad food", and I log all of it without shame. I don't really care what others think of my diary. =]
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Whenever I do a quick add I write down what it is in the food notes

Most of the time I use quick add to subtract calories or add calories to inaccurate food listings when I know the exact nutritional info from a package.
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Not to hide things, but I do when I'm lazy...like when I made s'mores. I calculated that a square open-faced s'more with 3 sections of a Hershey and 1 of those flat marshmellows is 100 calories, but I have been too lazy to add the recipe to my thing, so I have a bunch of random "300 calories" or "200 calories" added in. Lol