Mother of 4- FINALLY taking time for myself!

Options
I'm a mom of 4. 16, 11, 2 and 7 months. For the FIRST time ever, I am finally taking time for myself to make ME healthy, and put ME FIRST!

Sometimes I struggle, I NEVER have enough time in a day, and most of the time, everything is falling by the wayside... BUT I am still here... and finally over all the BS... I work out daily (MOSTLY!) I just started P90X, I'm on week 2, I Log every thing I eat, and I am bound and determined to live a healthier lifestyle. I try to eat clean, for the most part... but sometimes I have 2% Mac N Cheese, and once in a while a Lean Cuisine. I am on a huge mission to lose weight, gain strength, and show my kids that you don't have to have a fat mom, and veggies aren't all bad.

I wan't to be sexy to my husband, not because he thinks I'm not, but because I THINK I'm not. Some days I wake up at 5 to exercise because its the only time I have where the whole house is still asleep and I can finally have time for myself. Some days... I don't wake up at 5 and I have to use baby nap times just to exercise, which means my laundry isn't done and my living room looks like a toddler ran through it ... Oh wait... A toddler DID run through it! I am also on a mission to STOP being so OCD over every dirty dish, and start channeling my OCD into fitness... meaning, my house can be SLIGHTLY dirty until a little later, because I have to take time for Lauren, and that means ONE hour a day devoted to exercise. Screw everyone else who may stop by (which never happens... but, for some reason I think it will lol)

I am ready to lose this weight, to remind myself of the person I want to be.... I've lost 14 so far, Im on a mission to lose 50-60.. oh and by the way... I will do it!.
I am looking for friends that want the same thing!. I am not looking for lectures... "Im better than you" attitudes, or people who only log into MFP once a week, month etc... Not that I judge you on your ways, but , those ways aren't for me. Just sayin'. I am however, looking for a place to be held accountable... if I'm lazy, its ok for you to say that... if I'm slackin' its ok for you to say that too.... I am looking for FRIENDS!. .... People who support you, but also call you out on your shi-- poo poo. :)
Ok.. Thanks lol... I think thats all :)

Replies

• cali8_love
    cali8_love Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    im pretty pround of u that u have done 2 weeks of P90X !! because i know how hard it is to be a mommy im a mom of 3 and i never have time for myself im always cleaning and taking care of them but i do have time only for 2 hours a day to Exercise but becuase that the gym i go to they have a DayCare they watch them there for 2 hours while im working out i go almost everyday......

and u are very pretty just keep ur head up and work out hard every day and u will see that u will be happy with ur self becuase ur hard workouts will always pay off and u will notice it fast!! i also have about 32 pounds to go but im trying hard to hit my goal .. and to be healthy for ever ......... Giving up for me is not N opinion for me no more ... because i have work hard every day to end up gaining all the pounds i have lost that would be really depressing for me so im just going to keep doing what im doing :smile: ...

i wish u the best and good luck on ur weight loss journey,,,, :heart:
    and thank u for approving my request to :) lets motivate each other for a healthier life :flowerforyou:
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Both on your decision to take your own care seriously and on what you've achieved so far. And remember that by taking care of yourself you're also setting a good example for your children.

(I chat quite a bit on these boards -- lots of good ideas and inspiration, but I don't "friend" people before I get to know them a bit. Happy to chat on the message boards and via messages.)

Good luck on your journey!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    im pretty pround of u that u have done 2 weeks of P90X !! because i know how hard it is to be a mommy im a mom of 3 and i never have time for myself im always cleaning and taking care of them but i do have time only for 2 hours a day to Exercise but becuase that the gym i go to they have a DayCare they watch them there for 2 hours while im working out i go almost everyday......

and u are very pretty just keep ur head up and work out hard every day and u will see that u will be happy with ur self becuase ur hard workouts will always pay off and u will notice it fast!! i also have about 32 pounds to go but im trying hard to hit my goal .. and to be healthy for ever ......... Giving up for me is not N opinion for me no more ... because i have work hard every day to end up gaining all the pounds i have lost that would be really depressing for me so im just going to keep doing what im doing :smile: ...

Thank you! You are extremely pretty! You are doing great!!
    What gym do you go to where you have childcare? I need to find that in my area! that might make all the difference :)
    I fully agree... for me, there is NO going back!! I am going to do this! :) And you are too!!! We got this :)!

and thank u for approving my request to :) lets motivate each other for a healthier life :flowerforyou:
  • lpbm5
    lpbm5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I need someone to be accountable with!

I am a mom of 3, ages 11, 9, and 21mos. You sound like me! I just started walking with my toddler in the mornings. She gets up, I put her in the stroller with breakfast and milk, and we're off. I hate wasting nap time on household chores b/c I want that time for ME!! ...which I usually end up napping. ;)

I've done mfp and ww off and on for years. I lost my dad just over a yr ago and that, along with not losing the last baby wt, I am on the journey to losing ~50lbs. I am doing it in 10-15lb increments though! Not looking at the big number b/c that depresses me!

I just moved from Chicago to Sacramento 3mos ago. Never lived anywhere but Chicago so we're here alone! Would love to 'buddy up!'
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options

Oooops.. Iposted in the wrong spot :) Sorry lol... here I go again :
    Thank you! You are extremely pretty! You are doing great!!
    What gym do you go to where you have childcare? I need to find that in my area! that might make all the difference :)
    I fully agree... for me, there is NO going back!! I am going to do this! :) And you are too!!! We got this :)!
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    Hey there! I need someone to be accountable with!

I am a mom of 3, ages 11, 9, and 21mos. You sound like me! I just started walking with my toddler in the mornings. She gets up, I put her in the stroller with breakfast and milk, and we're off. I hate wasting nap time on household chores b/c I want that time for ME!! ...which I usually end up napping. ;)

I've done mfp and ww off and on for years. I lost my dad just over a yr ago and that, along with not losing the last baby wt, I am on the journey to losing ~50lbs. I am doing it in 10-15lb increments though! Not looking at the big number b/c that depresses me!

I just moved from Chicago to Sacramento 3mos ago. Never lived anywhere but Chicago so we're here alone! Would love to 'buddy up!'

Sounds perfect!! I love the stroller idea! I have a double stroller, I could totally load my kids up, but for some reason I am scared to! lol .... I actually think I may do that tomorrow morning!!
    I love the 10-15 increments ... I do the same thing with my husband being gone (military) ... I always tell myself, he isn't gone for 8 months... he is gone for 2 months, and I just have to do that 4 times. haha...
    and we just moved to Virginia from Florida... so I understand that too! :) I'll send you a friend request :) We can help eachother... :)
  • cali8_love
    cali8_love Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    u are welcome i go to Gold's gym i pay $15 dollars month for 2 kids :) i have 3 kids but i go in the morning when my daughter is in school so i just go with my 2 boys ... but if u dont want to pay $15 dollars a month u can pay $2 dollars every time u go in with ur kids ...

but 24 fitness also has a Kids' Club its for kids around ages 6 months to 12 years :) ..... but i love 24 fitness if u have a close one to ur house try it u can pay 2 year of a membership for just $354 ....... or just pay every month also

i wish i had a 24fitness close to my house but sences all of them are far from were i live and the only close one to me was golds gym 20 mins alway for my house:grumble: i made the choice to in join them cuz it is kinda close but im starting to LIKE IT THERE TO .,,,, :happy:
  • lpbm5
    lpbm5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I usually hate putting my dtr in a stroller BC she won't sit for too long! But give her food and she is good to go. ;) thanks for adding me!!
  • BeautyQueen90
    BeautyQueen90 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend
  • BeautyQueen90
    BeautyQueen90 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Request me we will be great pals I'm a stay at home mom have a 4 and 2 year old. Thought I was reading about myself. I have lost 40lbs already I have 10-15 more to go. I'm supportive and everything else.
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    Request me we will be great pals I'm a stay at home mom have a 4 and 2 year old. Thought I was reading about myself. I have lost 40lbs already I have 10-15 more to go. I'm supportive and everything else.

I sent you a friend request :) Can't wait to support eachother :)
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    Bump lol
  • Vitamin_K
    Vitamin_K Posts: 47
    Options
    You sound just like me! Feel free to add me.
  • sablake427
    sablake427 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I only have one munckin, but totally get the odd time exercising and stroller walks. I'm looking for some new friends as I try to teach my daughter to exercise everyday and eat right, before she knows anything else.
    Welcoming new friends.
  • sailorsiren13
    sailorsiren13 Posts: 460
    Options
    Sounding pretty Awesome Feel free to add me to your journey!:drinker:
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love your drive and motivation! Congrats and good luck on your journey!
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!!!
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm a busy mom of 2. Props to you, taking care of 4!! I sure couldn't!! :) Feel free to add me, I love making new friends and try very hard to motivate everyone, but sometime, I need the motivation, too!!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    mummma of 3 here.... harrys 5, ellas 3 and lola lou is 1... im here and im getting to goal wether i like it or not haha xx