hydroxycut?good idea or no way??girls only!

Options
I wanted to kno if any oe out there tried hydroxycut and had any positive results?.or if its not even worth tryin..would apprciate any opinion

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Waste of money. They don't use ECA anymore, so it's just a hyped caffeine pill.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • blairh10
    blairh10 Posts: 37
    Options
    BAD idea. I took them in 2007. They made me sick I had anxiety, nausea, blurred vision at times, sweat, abnormal heart rate, etc... I took them for 2.5 weeks thinking I just needed to get used to them, that it was me not the pills. Wrong. My husband found me passed out on the kitchen floor and rushed me to the emergency room. I was in the hospital for 4 days and during that time had to undergo a very invasive (and ridiculous) psych eval because it was diet pills I had to detox from.
    On the plus-side I did lose 7 pounds while in the hospital because the food was so bad I couldn't eat it.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The only SUPPLEMENT you should be using is your BRAIN. Empower yourself with knowledge and lose the fat the right way. Stop looking for the easy fix or the easy way out.
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    very very bad! you just need to eat right, and work your body, naturally.
    You Don't Need drugs!
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I've heard some pretty nasty things about the effects of that stuff. I'd never use it myself!
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I wanted to kno if any oe out there tried hydroxycut and had any positive results?.or if its not even worth tryin..would apprciate any opinion

I tried them way back when (like 2003) and my heartrate shot up like mad! I had never had that happen before. I would not recommend them.
  • bellavita0125
    bellavita0125 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    the problem with diet pills (trust me, i've tried many) is that even if they do end up helping you lose some weight, there comes a time when you have to stop taking them and then the weight creeps back up. Learning portion control and starting an exercise regimen is best. Through diet and exercise I lost 30 pounds and was able to maintain that loss for the last 5 months. Now I'm getting back into the swing of things and am motivated work hard to continue losing. I have tried hydroxycut in the past and don't remember losing any weight with it. I lost weight with yellowjackets (which are banned now), but like I said, the weight creeped back up once I stopped taking them. hope this helps
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    It isn't going help. There is no magic bullet or special pill that will make you thin.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    All I got was heart palpitations.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    In my opinion don't depend on those kinds of pills. They put things in your body that aren't natural. All they do is kick up your adrenaline. Honestly I spent more time trying not to get nauseated from the pills than actually working out. Eating healthier should give you more energy and the changes to your body from working out should be your motivation.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I tried them back in the day -- they were the only pill I've ever tried, and I saw results but it was just water weight in the first couple of weeks. After that -- nada.

Also? They made me super nauseous and jittery, and I only ever took half the recommended dose.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I wouldn't.. if losing weight is really important to you, do it the old fashioned hard way! =)
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    just say NO to drugs!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    IMO - no way. I tried it several times - it didn't seem to make any difference. Waste of $$$
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    It's just tons of caffeine. They make it harder for me to workout because my heart rate feels so jittery, and they made me hungrier for some reason.
  • xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 320
    Options
    I used to be obsessed with diet pills. They don't work, you lose water weight and then feel crazy. They turned me into a mean, obnoxious person, and my heart would be pounding out of my chest and I would be shakey all day. Don't do it!
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Nope. My cousin took them back in high school and passed out because they made his heart race so bad.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Shortcuts as far as weight-loss goes are never a good idea. Aside from possible side effects, it's a short-term fix. It only works as long as you're taking them then the weight just creep back in when you stop. Doing it the right way via diet and exercise is MUCH more beneficial, much LESS dangerous and much EASIER to maintain... So I'd stick with that route.
  • angelaclassact
    angelaclassact Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The only SUPPLEMENT you should be using is your BRAIN. Empower yourself with knowledge and lose the fat the right way. Stop looking for the easy fix or the easy way out.

/\ THIS
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Tried it once. Heart rate went waaay up and I never took them again. I would never recommend them.