No loss in weeks

Options
I'm getting very frustrated with myself. I box 4-5 times a week, do some cardio on those days, and try to eat between 1300 and 1600 calories a day. Why am I not seeing ANY movement on the scale? I have noticed a difference in how my clothes fit, but no scale movement!
What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    If your clothes fit differently, than your body IS changing (even the scale doesn't show it). Just make sure you're eating enough. Your body NEEDS food and too many people think severely restricting their calories is the better way to lose weight. Having too large of a caloric deficit is a hindrance, not a help to weight loss. So, make sure you're eating enough, drink enough water, get enough sleep and keep going.
  • eliza46142
    eliza46142 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I got on myfitnesspal to help me lose the last 10-15 I need to reach my goal. It's crazy how hard a plateau can be to bust through!! My friend is a group trainer and she suggested I try adding two things for just a couple weeks. 1. No refined sugars and 2. No carbs after 5:00pm. Been at it a week and a half & 5 lbs gone so far!
  • dany_m
    dany_m Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't know your height and weight, but I had a look at your diary and it looks to me that you should eat more, especially on workout days, as you frequently net below 1,000 calories.
    Use an online calculator to work out your BMR and TDEE and try to eat either your BMR plus all exercise calories, or your TDEE for your appropriate activity level minus a moderate deficit (10-15%).
    Good luck!
  • DavidTri
    DavidTri Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    remember that muscle weighs more than fat
  • menero
    menero Posts: 3
    Options
    I think I agree with eating more. It seems when we do not eat enough or exercise a lot our bodies shut down to perserve food/energy. So increase your healthy food choices and see what happens.
  • denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I am week 5 into the Turbo Fire program and have only lost 1 freaking pound! It is frustrating, but like you, my body is changing. I simply stopped getting on the scale. I ensure my NET calories are at 1200 everyday, work out hard 5-6 times a week and figure it will happen. Just keep going!!!
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    The scale provides nothing more than a number. If your clothes are fitting better and you like what's in the mirror - that's all that should matter.