no bake protein cookie

Options
(servings-4)

1 cup quaker old fashion oats

½ cup honey nut cheerios

½ cup unsweetened almond milk

3 tbsp jiffy natural peanut butter

½ scoop muscle milk vanilla cream protein powder (or whatever type of protein powder you may be using..chocolate taste great as well but this is what I had on hand..and you can add more protein powder if you want but that was my preference)

(optional-reeses pieces, sliced almonds)

Directions: Put the peanut butter and almond milk in a bowl and warm in microwave for 10-15 seconds to soften PB. Add the oats then cheerios and stir until well mixed. If the mixture is to sticky to work with add more oats. Spoon out a ball of the mixture and pat down into a cookie shape. Repeat step until cookies are made while placing them on foil wrap or parchment paper. Freeze cookies for 20 minutes. Enjoy!! (keep the remaining cookies in the refrigerator)

These cookies were very easy to make and tasted great!!
153 cals per serving, 17g carbs, 7 fat, 6g protein, 3 sugar, 97 sodium

**12 pieces of reeses pieces(3 on each cookie) is an additional 45 cals. The almonds vary according to what you use.

IMG_20120516_055223-1.jpg

Replies

• beautifulblac84
    Options
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Where's the protein in this protein cookie?
  • JaimeBrown5
    JaimeBrown5 Posts: 324
    Options
    ....the scoop of protein powder. And the peanut butter?
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    For a whopping 6 grams?
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    For a whopping 6 grams?

it was only 6grams for the ½ of scoop i put in it..you can put a whole scoop if you want or more
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    It looks fantastic! Thank you for sharing!
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    ooh they look yummy .Thank you
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Nice recipe! thanks.
  • jammasterduggs
    Options
    delish :)
  • Mishka84
    Mishka84 Posts: 17
    Options
    They look great thank you!
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    you all are very welcome =)
  • Mishka84
    Options
    There is protein in the oats, the peanut butter (at least 4g per tbsp if it's good quality) and obviously your own protein powder so there is probably a lot more than 6g.
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    i honestly think there is more protein as well but when i typed the recipe in MFP thats what it gave me..=/
  • Mishka84
    Options
    I meant to quote the poster who was complaining about there only being 6g protein per cookie! Might try these tomorrow, hopefully they'll satisfy my sweet tooth! Thanks again! :happy:
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    I meant to quote the poster who was complaining about there only being 6g protein per cookie! Might try these tomorrow, hopefully they'll satisfy my sweet tooth! Thanks again! :happy:

oh ok..lol..youre welcome hun