filling low cal homemade lunches..........

Options
2»

Replies

• 247momma
    247momma Posts: 14
    Options
    yeah ive been making soup with veg and beans in it but i always seem to need something else as well. today ive had butternut squash n 3 bean soup, chicken, tomato, cucumber and pepper sandwich on ww bread and 2 squares of organic dark choc and im still not completely full!!i have a pretty large appetite, and i work shifts so ive been up and had bfast at 5.30 (porridge) apple and banana for snacks then my lunch at half 12.

ive tried baked sweet potatos and filling and salad, they were ok at filling me up but needing a bit more variety!

What about Mac Nuts? Toss in 1/4 cup of those to finish off your lunch.
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    On the weekends I cook quinoa with a little chicken or veggie stock. Then I sauté up some veggies... usually zucchini, mushrooms and poblano peppers with a little chicken (seasoned with pepper and galic and cayanne). I portion the quinoa into tupperware for the week(i have a lot of tupperware!), add the veggies and one ounce of feta for a little salty goodness. It's usually around 300 calories depending on how much chicken I add. Sometimes I do it with beef or nothing at all. If I do fish, I usually skip the feta cheese and add a pinch of salt. But the great part is, Monday morning, I have 5 little tupperware ready to go!
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    juliennned zucchini with tomato and basil pasta sauce. I use a whole zucchini, and it's super filling with some apple slices with peanut butter on the side

and drink lots and lots of water! I try and drink two gallons a day