Howdy to all

My Name is Robert, I am the only guy that ive seen on here, =[. I am 16 and currently weigh the big 300, though i have peaked at 315, my goal wieght is 210. Hoping to do so without surgery.

I would love to make friends and hear from you!

Thanx!!

Replies

• My Name is Robert, I am the only guy that ive seen on here, =[. I am 16 and currently weigh the big 300, though i have peaked at 315, my goal wieght is 210. Hoping to do so without surgery.

I would love to make friends and hear from you!

Thanx!!
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Hi jerseyboy,

Welcome to MFP!

I have seen one other gentleman by the name of gator so you're not alone =)

We are here for you. If you have any questions, just post it and someone will get back to you.

Stay focussed and you'll see the results in no time.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Great for you Robert. You can do it. I know it can be hard but I know you can. Don't be afraid to ask questions and be yourself.

We are all pulling for the same thing. Welcome
  • apojones
    apojones Posts: 56 Member
    I'm so glad to see someone who is still in highschool choosing to lose weight and get fit the right way. This site is a valuable tool and I'm sure it will help you accomplish your goals. Do you have a good support system in your family and friends? Do you exercise everyday? Even just a little exercise every day can make a huge difference. I hope we can encourage you, and I believe you can do this without surgery. When I first started out, I depended a lot on watered down low fat or fat free italian dressings on plain old lettuce as a filler when I was hungry. I would make, and still do, a reasonable plate of food and then if I was still hungry 20 minutes after finishing that plate, I would allow myself to eat all the lettuce that I could stand, until I was no longer hungry. It really helped until my stomach shrank a little. Keep working hard, you'll get there.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Jersey boy ,
    I hope things are going well for you. I do have a question for you if you don't mind though. My son who is 12 and 190 lbs. just started back to school. Of course he came home depressed and angry and complaining about no one talking to him. I don't want to push the weight loss on him but I think it would be very good for him. I already make healthy meals but he has issues with portions. I know everyone must get to the point for helping themselves but as a young man what has helped you most. And how have you dealt with the fitting in issues you may face being larger than your classmates?

Please email me. jltwedell@msn.com