Frustrated!

Options
I am currently about 5 pounds away from my goal weight. I have been using MFP since January and saw really good results in the first few months. Lately (for the past month and a half) I have not lost any pounds OR inches! I read plenty of forum posts talking about upping your calories based on your TDEE as well as heavy lifting instead of just cardio. I have been doing both for over a month and STILL no change! I decided to go back to the 1200 calorie a day routine and see if that helps, but can anyone offer any additional advice?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    For the last 10 pounds I had to set MFP at a 0.5 lb/week loss AND eat back most of my exercise calories in order to see losses. Your diary isn't open so I am not sure how much you are eating.
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Up until this week, I had set my goal at .5 a week and was eating back over half of my exercise calories most of the time. I just now moved it back down to 1 pound a week, since I did so well the last time. With me working out though, I am just surprised I haven't lost any inches at all. I know that my food diary obviously isn't perfect, I am not the healthiest eater out there for sure, but I am on a deficit, for the most part eat well, and work out 3-4 times a week, switching up cardio and heavy lifting.
  • buffybabe
    Options
    *Also, I opened up my diary
  • buffybabe
    Options
    Anyone else? Also, I am 5'6" at 125 pounds.
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    The last 10 pounds were the hardest for me. I had no plateau until then. This helped me, maybe it will help you too:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/have-a-weight-loss-plateau-let-me-help.aspx#continue

11613466.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter