Mini Milestone Goals Group

Options
So I have a long way to go. I started this sight (again) in June at an all time high of 303 pounds. It was a nice sucker punch to the face that got me back on track and deciding that this is it, this is the time to change my life and turn things around.

But.... I have 150 pounds total to lose. I've lost 12, which is great! But I figured I need something to keep me motivated, so I figured I would make mini milestone goals with non-food rewards (I used to do the, "Oh I've lost 4 pounds, sure I can go and drink all night with my friends!").

And I thought maybe this would be a good way of keeping track of them, instead of on my signature. Anyone can post their goals up here and when they meet them, post that too and update their goal list! So feel free to join and post your goals and rewards. Maybe if we can't think of rewards we can help each other think of some!

Anyway... Here are mine. (I weigh in on fridays normally)

10lbs - MET- July 3rd - Reward: Going to Midnight Showing of Harry Potter Six with friends (already bought the tickets!)

15lbs (10% of goal) - By July 30th (my birthday) - Reward: Mani/Pedi courtesy of my friend Rosi as a birthday gift.

20 lbs - By August 28th - Reward: New Book bag

30 lbs(10% of body weight) - By October 16th - Reward: Going to Seaworld with friends to ride Manta

40 lbs - By Thanksgiving - Reward: New Clothes (I figure I'll probably need some by then!)

50 lbs (1/3 of goal!)- By Christmas - Reward: New DSi !

That's what I've got so far. So what have you got?

Replies

• Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    Hello! I think you are doing great! Rewarding youself with non-food and beverage items is the way to go. I too used to treat myself with food far too much and it always contributed to backsliding.

I have a lot of weight to loss but I try to concentration on only 10 to 15 pounds at a time. I know in the back of my mind I have another 60 to lose but that number seems so HUGE! I think you will be far more successful if you concentrate on mini goals.

My first goal was to lose 10 pounds and make it three weeks on my diet. ( I use the word diet for lack of a better word, I know it's lifestyle change) For me, getting past the first month and learing to eat better is a huge accomplishment.

Also, my friends and I are planning a big trip next July so I have 1 year to get this weight off! That's my big goal but it's still aways away so I can focus on the mini ones for now. :-)

You are off to a great start! Keep up the great work. Let me know when you need a "pep talk". :-)
    Kendra
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    That's a great goal! I'd love to go on a trip myself. Maybe that can be my final goal. ^_^

Come on ladies, join! You know you want to!
  • elizabeth125
    Options
    hi ladies
    i set my goals simply too
    i just had a baby at the end of april and it's time to start losing the padding:smile:
    goal 1: exercise 4 times this week (reward-sleep in mon morning)
    goal 2:stop late nite snacking (reward-10oz cup of diet a&w rootbeer-my favorite-the next day with lunch
    goal 3:stop finishing my kids' plates(reward-feel good that i'm getting better at self-control)
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I think that this is a wonderful idea. I am the same as well... loose weight, treat myself to something I normally wouldn't eat. SO, I think that you are finding a great way to reward yourself!

I think that I will do this as well, so my "goal" (lol) for today is to come up with my mini goals and rewards. Thanks for the great idea!
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Welcome both of you! Great to see other's goals.

Elizabeth, those are great mini goals. I hadn't considered making goals for anything other than actual weight loss! That's a good idea! I think I'll add a goal to my list.

Mini Non weight Goal - Go to the gym 3 times a week for a month - Reward: New Gym Clothes! :happy:

Sjmay - Can't wait to see your goals! If you need help, don't hesitate to ask!
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    15lbs (10% of goal) - By July 30th (my birthday) MET: JULY 17TH - Reward: Mani/Pedi courtesy of my friend Rosi as a birthday gift.
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Ok, so still not quite sure what I want for goals. But I do have some fitness goals I want to achieve. I usually walk/run around a trail (DU ponds) just down the road from me. There are 2 ponds there, so I have made 3 goals. 1 - be able to run around one pond, 2 - be able to run around both ponds, 3 - be able to run around both ponds twice. I have really been pushing myself, and I know that I will be so happy when I can do it!

The other "reward" goal I have come up with for myself is having an evening in the city where one of my good friends is a hairdresser and will be giving me a "hair makeover". We will then be going for dinner and drinks. Kinda a nice girls night out. I want to do this the end of August or beginning of September, but I haven't been able to figure out a good and reasonable goal weight loss for it. I have already lost 6 pounds... any ideas? 15 or 20 maybe?
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Remember that healthy weight loss is between 1-2 pounds a week. So if you've lost 6, you should reasonably and healthily(not a word is it?), lose 6-12 pounds by the end of August, so 15 would probably be your best goal.

That's a great idea though! I love the athletic goal of running around the lakes. Have you considered a reward for this? Maybe some music for your MP3 player (or an MP3 player if you don't have one), a new nice water bottle (Target has some really pretty stainless steel ones for like 10 bucks), a non-food treat like your hair makeover, some new makeup perhaps?
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    20 lbs - By August 28th - Reward: New Book bag MET - August 16th

I need to think of a different reward though. I decided since I have 12 COUNT THEM 12 books this semester I should probably just use my rolling book bag LOL No point ruining my posture just to have a reward!

I'm adding these to my list of goals!

270 - No longer "morbidly obese" (BMI of 39.9)
    200 - No longer "obese" (BMI of 29.5)
    168 - No longer "overweight" (BMI of 24.8)

Since they are so far away, I'll figure out rewards when I get closer.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    30 lbs(33 pounds is 10% of body weight) - By October 16th - Reward: Going to Seaworld with friends to ride Manta

MET.:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: 10/09/09
  • rachmj526
    rachmj526 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    awesome job! :happy:

I'm really struggling with my last few pounds. I think I need to set up some exercise goals and rewards! I'm going to try to do that today and get them on here! :smile: I'm having such a hard time getting back into exercising..