At what point were you comfortable donning a bikini?

Options
42kgirl
42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
I've always been a fan of two pieces because I have a long torso. Tankinis were my go to for the last few years, but this year I bought 2 halter top bikinis. I've never been terribly self conscious about my body, but I definitely have more to lose. However, at size 10, I am excited to show off my new suit!

Replies

• 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Go for it. :smile: :smile: :smile:

I'm a size 10....I tried on my string bikini(s) this morning, & the mommy tummy is just not ready for it yet.:sad: I'll try again next month.
    But, If I went with a vintage high waist type bottom to hold it in I think I could pull it off.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I'm still pretty uncomfortable with the idea - I just think people would laugh at me!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    my wife won't ever let me wear a bikini...

and she's right to do so
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    If it helps, I find tie-strings most flattering on me.
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    come on guys it would totally be sexy lol..

I've never been comfortable wearing a bikini even at 18 and 115 lbs..

I'm here to hopefully change how I view myself.. I find the support and motivating comments and pictures amazing..
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll ever be the bikini wearing type. I just don't have that kind of body.
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    I just bought my first bikini in years last week - and am STILL not comfortable wearing it! I've had 3 abdominal surgeries and the connective tissue still needs time to heal - and then there's the scars.

BUT - I did put it on and wear it all day! Just with a coverup! LOL (I'm a size 6)
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I actually wore a bikini when I was at a higher weight than I am now - it was a size 22W tankini, but still. That was before I had children though and my stomach weighed more but was tighter. After kids, I let it all go to heck.... working on getting it back!
  • PhoebeC123
    PhoebeC123 Posts: 28
    Options
    I'll be honest, I'm still pretty uncomfortable with the idea - I just think people would laugh at me!

:laugh: This made me laugh!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    If it makes you happy, go for it!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if a Size 10 or a Size 5 is the gauge to when to wear a bikini....I think it is how you look. A size 10 can look better in a bikini than a size 5 if the size 10 girl is fit and looks great!! So, I say, who cares what the size is...do you look good???? Wear it!!! Congrats on your weight loss and your new bikini!!!
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Haven't gotten to that point yet....seriously working towards it tho...but finding a bikini top that is comfortable for me is going to be my challenge :grumble:
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I've always been a fan of two pieces because I have a long torso. Tankinis were my go to for the last few years, but this year I bought 2 halter top bikinis. I've never been terribly self conscious about my body, but I definitely have more to lose. However, at size 10, I am excited to show off my new suit!

You have the right idea. Don't be too self conscious about your body. When a woman wears a bikini, there will be plenty of people being conscious of her body for them.

:bigsmile:
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I've always worn bikinis. I shouldn't have...but...I have. I'm hoping to feel good in one by end-June, early-July. I'm a size 4/6 now, but I have a bit of toning to do beforehand!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Don't be daft Dan.... I'm sure you have the perfect figure now:smokin: :laugh:
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I've always been comfortable. I'm just the carefree type. I've had kids, I could use the tummytuck... but hell, you only live once and I probably won't see those people at the beach again. :laugh:

I refuse to have crappy tanlines based on what other people think.

And my rule of thumb (not to be mean to others at all) but no matter how bad you think you look, there will always be someone worse.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I havent worn one in years, but my husband has just booked us on a Mediterranean cruise (woohooo!) so I'm going shopping this weekend, and might try one on.

I'm about a UK size 10 (that's about a US 6-8), but I'm always conscious of my wobbly tum, so I'll probably look for shorts style bottoms, with a halter neck top. My style is a bit 1950s influenced anyway, so I think that would work.