Confused

Options
Ahmee2034
Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
Okay, ya'll. Here I am again needing clarification/validation. I started hitting it hard in April when I was forced to stay home to take care of my son after his accident. I only did the treadmill and Pilates and, of course, watched what I ate. The pounds melted off me. I was, as a co-worker told me, "tiny". I went back to work for a couple of weeks and got off track with the workouts. Still watching what I ate. For the past 2 weeks, I've added Slim in 6, Slim and Limber and cycling. I haven't been doing the treadmill, really. A couple, few miles here and there. I've been burning the calories and following my diet strictly. I do cardio daily. I'm feel like I look like I gained 10 pounds! I only gained 3 in the past month. I'm confused and discouraged. I want to look tiny again. I added more to my workout routine and yet I'm not seeing better results. What gives?

exercise.png

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    your body got used to what you were doing, most likely. or you were doing too much (are doing too much) and your body needs a break, it's storing fat. you might not be eating enough (are you eating your exercise cals?). if you're following your calorie intake strictly, and are gaining, and you are sure it's not water weight from too much sodium, if you are drinking your water, then you need to change up what you're doing, a lot of times adding 100 calories daily does it.
  • Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    :happy:
    Okay, I would love for someone to describe me as "tiny". :-) LOL That would make my day! Is it possible you are working out too much? I mean, eventually when you get down toward your goal weight you will be building a lot of muscle and the scale may increase.

Have you tried looking at yourself naked in the mirror? Do you see any visual difference or only on the scale?

It sounds like you are very healthy and in good physical condition.
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the 3 pounds on the scale doesn't bother me THAT MUCH. :grumble: It's really when I look in the mirror (yes, buck neked - as my dad use to say) and with clothes, to me, I just look FAT. My clothes don't really fit that differently. I mean, a little snug but to me I see just a big belly. My hubby says I don't look like I gained any weight.

I never hit my target calorie intake. I always stay under. I have been working out ALOT but mostly cycling (new to routine) because of the calories burned to effort output ratio (not quite scientific terms but I think y'all know what I mean.) I can't imagine eating anymore food. Do y'all REALLY think I'm working out TOO much?! I feel like I need to workout more because I look so different...I don't know what to think...:sad:

exercise.png