Halfway to Halfway!

Options
I'm feeling really good about my progress so far. I have made it half way to half of my goal weight loss. In the beginning I wondered how I would ever do this but with the encouragement of my family and from reading all the posts here I have pulled through. Now it's not so hard to watch my calorie intake and most of the time I can tell when I have had enough even without counting. I do believe that my stomach has shrunk because now I end up feeling full sooner and not starving immediately after eating. I do struggle with emotional eating from time to time and hope that I conquer that as I go through this journey to change my life. In the near future I should be dropping into the 200's and I haven't been there in over 3 years. When I was there it was the high 200's. I plan to blow past that this time and hit the 100's which I haven't seen since I was a teenager. I must say that having my family doing all of this with me has been wonderful. My dad has suffered with high blood pressure, bad bloodwork numbers and blockages for several years now and by joining me in this journey he has lost 41 pounds, lowered his blood pressure and improved his numbers greatly:wink: I'm so proud of him. My Mom has lost 23 pounds, my SIL has lost 40 pounds (she had lap band done in January) and my sister has lost around 15. We are all in it together for the long haul. I can't wait for the day I can shop in a normal store, buy cute clothes, perhaps try out something a little slinky for my hubby:blushing: , and REALLY get to enjoy playing with my boys.

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the 100's since I was 15...what a thrill that will be. It's been a while since I've seen the 200's too. Congrats on your success so far. :smile:
  • Scottslass
    Scottslass Posts: 76
    Options
    What a realyy nice and insperational story! Keep up the good work!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    Options
    Congrats on being halfway to halfway...I know it must be a wonderful feeling...keep up the great job and determination :drinker:
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    I haven't seen the 100's since I was 15...what a thrill that will be. It's been a while since I've seen the 200's too. Congrats on your success so far. :smile:

I was probably about the same age. I remember being 175 pounds in high school and thinking I was a cow. What I wouldn't do to be there now:ohwell:
  • kolney
    kolney Posts: 93
    Options
    Great job! You should be proud!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!