None of my clothes fit!

Options
amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
OK, it's for a good reason, but it's still frustrating. When I first started losing the weight I was so excited becasue I could wear clothes that hadn't fit me in a long time. But now those are too big! My pants are all too big, but with a belt I can get away with them. But so many of my shirts just look ridiculous. Not only do I look like I'm swimming in them, but they tend to hang off to one side, exposing my collar bone and bra strap. Not exactly professional looking.

I've bought a few new shirts here and there, but I cannot afford to buy a whole new wardrobe, especially since when I get done losing all the weight (which is hopefully this fall/winter) none of the new clothes will fit either.

I hate getting dressed in the morning now becasue I feel like I cycle through the same 5 shirts every week. Not really looking for a solution, just needed to rant!:grumble:

Replies

• jcpalmer1day
    Options
    I know you aren't looking for a solution, but I'll offer one. Check out thrift stores in your area. You can get good clothes for cheap prices. I suggest buying some transition pieces. Wearing clothes that are too big for you often leaves you looking unprofessional, sloppy, and bigger than you actually are.

That being said - keep up the great work and keep shrinking out of those clothes!
  • MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    Girl, I would trade you positions in a heart beat!!!

If money is tight, try second hand stores. Most of the things in there are gently used if at all! I've given away items still with tags on them!

Or, try getting your fav pieces altered. It's not nearly as expensive as replacing your entire wwardrobe!

:flowerforyou:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I know you aren't looking for a solution, but I'll offer one. Check out thrift stores in your area. You can get good clothes for cheap prices. I suggest buying some transition pieces. Wearing clothes that are too big for you often leaves you looking unprofessional, sloppy, and bigger than you actually are.

That being said - keep up the great work and keep shrinking out of those clothes!

Oh yeah, that's an idea. Thanks!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Great job. I completely understand the frustration. I have a conference next week for work and I have no money to go and buy a new wardrobe. I was thinking of checking second hand stores around to get some shirts and for now will use a belt with pants. I have a hard time fitting my shoes too.

It is a happy and sad time all at once. :ohwell:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I understand completely!!! I dropped 2 sizes so far, but I'm still wearing the same shirts. I'm having the same trouble showing off my shoulder (which is tattooed, making it doubly unprofessional to show off) and my bra strap. I was forced to retire most of the pants because they just won't stay up anymore. And no one really wants to hear me complain that I've lost so much weight I can't wear my own clothes anymore.

I have lots more too lose, so I hate the idea of spending a bunch of money on clothes I'll only wear few a short while (I hope!!). I've started checking out the Goodwill & other thrift stores in the area. I've found a few pairs of pants that I got for just a few dollars each.
  • helenwood101
    Options
    I'd use charity shops if I were you. Just while you're still loosing it anyway.
  • JessAlicea
    Options
    You're so lucky!
  • Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I get it. :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I totally understand.....I do not own a pair of pants that fit me right now....I have 5 pairs of shorts that I've bought - 1 pair of capris - that's it - nothing else....
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I know that you are frustrated, but that is such an awesome problem to have!!!! :drinker:
    I have shrunk out of one size.... I can still get by with the shirts, but nothin' else.... The good thing is, I have lost of clothes to shrink into for several sizes!
    Can't wait until I have to buy a whole new wardrobe!
    Congrats on your weight loss!! Good luck with finding a good solution!! :wink:
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I am totally with you on the frustration. I have 1 pair of capris and 4 pairs of pants, but they aren't going to last much longer. Luckily I have a bunch of skirts that don't look too big yet even though they are. I have very few tops right now that fit properly. They don't fall off the shoulder for me, but the neck shifts and it tends to shift lower and show the tops of my bra cups. I am constantly tugging them down from the back. I have had my mom alter a few things to get a little more life out of them, but that can only go so far. Lots of stores are starting to have sales so I am planning on a mini shopping spree to pick up a few key things to tide me over. I have shrunk 2.5 sizes and the inbetween sizes is driving me nuts :happy:

I have to keep telling myself it is a good thing even if it is expensive! :drinker: