Jack 3D AND METH?

Options

Replies

• tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I use Jack3D, have for a year (cycled) - personally hated flavor of No Explode, and did not feel it worked as well for me. So I much prefer Jack. Also tried a few others, always end up back to Jack. No real side effects for me, some tingling as expected for an NO product, but that dissipates after a few uses, and I still get focus and a bit of energy and pep.

The Pineapple Strawberry's really decent tasting, lemonade not so much, but tolerable, raspberry lemon aids ok. I still have to "shoot" them.....

I personally find I have better focus, a few extra reps, helps give me a boost to get through a tough workout, or get motivated to get going :) .

I just stocked up a few cans, while I can still get it
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Just drink a load of caffeine.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Jack3d has creatine added which will facilitate with muscle recovery so that you can do your workouts more often without soreness or overtraining, but also causes water retention whch may not go well with your goals. Also in order to see any benefit from it you need to be supplementing creatine on your off days too. So on days where you're not taking your Jack3d you should be taking 3-5g of creatine monohydrate.

OR you could use a creatine free preworkout like BSN HyperFX
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Coming from a pre-nursing point of view, I wouldn't advise using anything other than good nutrition and a sports drink. There are all kinds of crazy chemical **** out there that can really mess your bodies systems up. Since taking nutrition and chemistry I've changed my eating habits to be as clean as I can tolerate.

Get your endorphins from the hard work and feed your body the nutrition it needs.
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    Well, I know the Navy doesn't allow it to be sold in their GNC stores on base anymore. It was supposedly causing failed drug tests. All I can guess is that there were people using it in massive quantities. Or...they happened to be doing drugs. Always that possibility.
  • bighouse51
    bighouse51 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just started taking LIT-UP. It is a pre-workout formula without creatine. I prefer to take my creatine seperately just so I feel more comfortable knowing that I am getting the amount of creatine I want without under/over doing it. So far, the LIT-UP is does the trick; however, as with all PWO formulas, it won't take long for your body to acclimate to the "boost" rendering the traditional or "suggested" dose almost useless. I have used NO XPLODE for years... reason I am seeking an alternate is b/c I now need 3.5 scoops to get amped. That is not cost effective and also has a tendency to wreak havoc on your digestive system. As for "FDA Approved" good luck finding any supplement with that backing, including protein!

Oh how I miss the good ole ECA stack. Ephedrine, Caffeine and Aspirin, now that was the most effective fat-burning, intensity giving stack available. It's a shame a few folks failed to heed the warnings and follow the proper protocol for using ephedrine. There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with it when used correctly and man, was it effective!!!

Good Luck.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    So..is there pig sperm in sunny d?
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    All I know is that NO Xplode use to send me running to the bathroom.......................
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    umm i doubt it has meth in it. that would be far to expensive and would be off the market in a matter of days if it did. i could be wrong tho. personaly if i even had to guess if something had meth in it, i wouldnt take it. then again i take adderall, and thats in the same category as cocain so who am I to judge.

edit: i just did some google searches and it aparently has amphetamines in it. pretty much the same thing as adderall speed etc. just make sure you dont have to take a drug test unless you want a false positive :]
  • SAMSON25
    SAMSON25 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy - works well for me, and is one of the "safer" ones I think
  • KGFitnessGuru
    Options
    I used to use Jack but love MRI stuff I take MRI Ripcuts with MRI NO2 Red and MRI Red Shred.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    it got pulled about 2 weeks ago, they will not be making anymore so whatever is left in the stores, scoop it up...
  • spartacus69
    spartacus69 Posts: 235
    Options
    DMAA has been banned at WADA events since 2010.

It is a decongestant with stimulative properties. Many decongestants have similar properties and have been banned by WADA.

It has NOT been banned by the FDA.

It MAY be banned by the US military beginning in 2012 - still under review afaik.

Its not banned for us, we have guys use it all the time

It's true that military personnel were not banned from using it, but DoD banned it from sale on US military bases a while ago.

http://www.armytimes.com/offduty/health/offduty-dmma-products-pulled-from-shelves-122911/

And in any case, it sounds like it's not going to be available anymore, anywhere.

From FDA to USP Labs, 24 April 2012:

"Failure to immediately cease distribution of your products Oxy Elite Pro and Jack3D and any other products you market that contain dimethylamylamine could result in enforcement action by FDA without further notice. The Act provides for seizure of violative products and injunction against the manufacturers and distributors of violative products."

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2012/ucm302167.htm

And for those of you still curious about its safety:

"To the best of FDA’s knowledge, there is no history of use or other evidence of safety establishing that dimethylamylamine will reasonably be expected to be safe as a dietary ingredient. In fact, dimethylamylamine narrows the blood vessels and arteries, which increases cardiovascular resistance and frequently leads to elevated blood pressure. This rise in blood pressure may increase the work of the heart such that it could precipitate a cardiovascular event, which could range from shortness of breath to tightening of the chest and/or a possible myocardial infarction (heart attack). "
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys , for all the info! It is amazing the load of information that I got in a few hours! This will help me take a decision .
    Thank you , thank you , thank you!
  • BrieC
    BrieC Posts: 26
    Options
    No meth in it, but it sucks they're pulling it off the shelves, this is one of my favorite pre workouts! 1,3 is no meth, but it is pretty strong if you aren't used to it, it seems to affect everyone differently. Try Jack3d fast if you want to try it, can probably get a good deal on it right now
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I found some articles on internet saying that has meth in it and is not FDA approved .

Not to be a jerk but use your head a little here... Do you really think it would be legal to sell with Meth in it? You can't even buy OTC allergy medication without signing for it.
  • wikkid61
    wikkid61 Posts: 1
    Options
    Do not stack this 3D stuff with any Pre work out (potent) stuff. I was mixing 1/2 dose BSN Explode 1/2 dose Creatine with a full dose of 3D. The 3rd workout of this same stack and I could not come down for over 10 hrs. Read the label, they do not recommend anything other than 3D at one time.
  • LWolford84
    LWolford84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy - works well for me, and is one of the "safer" ones I think

I love this stuff. Concord Grape is the best
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    Options
    This is interesting to read, thanks for posting. My fiance just recently brought home a bottle of Jack-3D and I was concerned about the stuff. I will bring up some of these pros and cons to him so he is more aware.

If he has the new micro formula there is no dmaa in it anymore.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I'm under random urinalysis (usually 1-3 times a week) and I take Jack3d. I get tested for just about everything (Spice/K2/synthetic cannabinoids, EtG/ethyl glucuronide/alcohol, "bath salts"/MDPV/methylnee dioxy pyrovalerone, all of the other standard illegal drugs) and I've never tested positive. DMAA doesn't cause any false positives and it's not illegal. Go ahead and take it.