Looking for inspiring people that need inspiration, too!

Options
Hi everyone! I literally joined MFP last night and I'm already in love with this site. You all are so supportive and motivating... it's like meeting the supportive group of friends I never knew I had.

Anyway, I'd really love to have a few friends on here that can help me keep going even when the going gets tough. I'm 21 and am looking to loose a little over 60 lbs. I'm pescatarian, so I'd especially love to meet some other pescatarians/vegetarians/vegans I could swap recipes with.

Thanks for being awesome!

Replies

• msdroplbs2012
    msdroplbs2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking for some inspiration as well. I am 22 and I've started my journey in March and i've been doing good. I just recently joined MFP and I'm enjoying it. With the two of us being young I think we could help each other out on our journey to our goals:smile:
  • rosiecotton
    rosiecotton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello! Sent a friend request! I have been on here for quite a few months and am struggling with the last ~5lbs. Hopefully we can inspire one another to reach our goals!
  • sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too am looking for friends for motivation and well general chit chat, im 24, Male from London, England... looking to loose 77lbs! (sorry still need to upload a photo)... feel free to add me!

Simon

(ps... sorry im not a vegitarian, but a very good cook and i do have a few vegiterian recipies up my sleve!)
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I just joined yesterday. No picture yet, sorry! We are having a "Biggest Loser" contest at work and I need the motivation to get rid of this weight! I seem to be able to lose a few pounds, then sabotage myself and gain even more. Now I need to get serious. I'm looking forward to getting to know people here and finding some support.
  • liz_steinborn
    liz_steinborn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have used MFP for the last three days and realized it will be much more fun to have some friends to interact with instead of just calories in and calories out to look at. I'm following a more Mediterranean diet (low on meat, high on veggies and fruit). I have a feeling I will be moving into the vegetarian group sooner than later. I'm 28, get most of my cardio from walking my white German Shepherd, and I'm trying to lose weight to get healthier and feel better in my own skin. I've got about 45 pounds to lose and I'd like to see a big loss this summer. Add me!
  • msdroplbs2012
    msdroplbs2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I encourage everyone to get into running, yes i said it RUN! LOL! I thought I was crazy at first when I started running and had this feeling of accomplishment and wanted to continue to do it. Then I realized that it's something that is good for me and its something that will help me on my journey. If you don't like running or can't run, I suggest you try the Couch to 5k program. There is also an apple app for it that will help you.
  • simonek91
    simonek91 Posts: 18
    Options
    I encourage everyone to get into running, yes i said it RUN! LOL! I thought I was crazy at first when I started running and had this feeling of accomplishment and wanted to continue to do it. Then I realized that it's something that is good for me and its something that will help me on my journey. If you don't like running or can't run, I suggest you try the Couch to 5k program. There is also an apple app for it that will help you.

I'm not much of a runner, but I am trying to get back into swimming. I used to be in VERY good shape when I swam competitively, so I'm thinking that might be a good cardio exercise for me now.
  • taylordianeb
    Options
    Hello. I just signed up for this site and really think that i need some inspiration and this site sounds so rewarding for some people. I would love to have some friends to motivate and inspire eachother :)
  • Tondra2
    Tondra2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I need support too. I have about 50 plus pounds to lose!!! I'm sick of being overweight but I need support. You help me and I will help you!!!