Office Workouts?

Options
I was wondering if anyway had any tips on office workouts. I hate sitting all day and I'd like to do something more than just getting up and walking around. Thanks!

Replies

• Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Do you have an office with a door? I have been known to close my door, kick off my heels and to push-ups and planks.
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I keep stretch bands in my desk drawer for office strength training. I also have a yoga mat and a fitness ball in my office. During the day, especially when I'm feeling sleepy, my office mates and I will stand up and do squats, push ups, or go out to the stairway and make 5 trips up and down (theres 20 steps in the hallway). For when we have more time, we have planned out a 15 min and a 30 min walking route and we just lace up our sneakers and take a walk outdoors during our 15 min breaks or our 30 min lunch.
  • DFoether
    DFoether Posts: 8
    Options
    I usually do isometrics on different muscle groups while I work. Press your plams together as hard as you can to work the arms and chest, and other such things that fall into the field of isometrics. I also just flex my muscles to work them out. It isn't strength training, but it causes the muscles to work and burn calories.
  • Booze
    Booze Posts: 14
    Options
    I never thought about push ups or planks. Thanks!
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options
    Depends on how silly you're willing to look in front of others. :laugh:

There was no one in the building with me yesterday (Sunday) so I kickboxed/leg kicked/marched/lunged my way all around this place, and also did wall pushups and planks when I used the potty. It must've worked, because I woke up S-O-R-E today!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Here are some suggestions and yes, I have done them all.

Dance to the beat of the printer. Throw in collation or stapling for that 1/2 beat.
    Hamstring kick backs while faxing. Gotta wait for the confirmation? do the quad knee ups.

The handicap stall is awesome for many things.

Push ups on the bar. You can start out at shoulder height and work your way down to the bar like I did, or go straight to the bar.

squats, lunges and stretches can be done in 5-10 minutes, depending on how many you do.

I also race myself to the other side of the office when someone leaves me a message.

I keep a stretch band at the desk. Also good for stress I have found.

Leg ups under the desk. Sounds easy..........try it! I help my legs out straight then did little pulses for 20 or so counts.

Some ideas anyway!:flowerforyou:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I sit on an excercise ball at work, ever chance I get I do ab crunches.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Here are some suggestions and yes, I have done them all.

The handicap stall is awesome for many things.

Bwaaa Haaaa Haaaaaa!

Oh wait, you mean exercises?