Tired all the time??? Why?

Options
So, I have become extremely exhausted all the time...not sure why? I have been doing 30-40 minute workouts in the am (usually 30DS or some other circuit training exercise) and go for a 2 mile walk in the evening. I go to bed early so that I am well rested to do the morning workout and go to work for the day. I am always exhausted throughout the day and I have no idea why. Any suggestions? Maybe my diet is lacking in something? Not sure. Thanks!

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    It could be what you are eating however we can't really comment on that as you have your diary closed for view.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Low iron or low protein?
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Bump!
    I'd like to see what people say about this, I'm so tired all the time too! It's irritating to both me and my husband!
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid checked? problems with the thyroid can't be determined without a blood test...but at least you could mark that off the list of things to check.
    good luck to you
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Low iron perhaps.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Melindaleigh12
    Options
    When I first started I was set at 2 lbs a week sedentary which gave me 1260 calories a day. I was tired all the time so I changed to .1 lb a week and it bumped me to 1560 and I have way more energy now and don't feel crappy and tired all the time!
  • jenessae
    jenessae Posts: 23
    Options
    Same here. I was just about to post about this. I'm so exhausted today, I could barely do today's insanity workout. I feel so weak. I'm thinking I'm not eating enough? I do get up really early to workout. 4:30am but I get to bed by 9:30-10pm
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I found the low Cal's mfp gave me made me tired. I found the group about eating more and I'm now actually building muscle and still dropping inches and weight!
  • jconnors2012
    jconnors2012 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    could be low blood sugar. try eating smaller portions but eating more frequently.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day? You should be eating quite a bit with those workouts.
    Do you eat mainly packaged foods? If so, you could be very deficient in nutrients.
    Without being able to see your diary I would say eat more, take B Complex vitamins, and Vitamin D3.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, but my best guess would be that you aren't eating enough to fuel your workouts and your normal daily activities.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Please eat, people. Unless you are sick, you are probably undereating.

No one with a job or kids should be trying to make it on 1200 calories a day. I hope you are eating every single exercise calorie!

Change your goals to reflect a slower weight loss.

EAT your exercise calories.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    have you had your thyroid checked?
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    You need to schedule in a rest day once a week for your body to recover and build from your workouts. What might not sound like a lot of work for some people on MFP may be a lot for you, especially if you're relatively new to exercise.

Take a rest day tomorrow and gradually reintroduce your workouts - circuit training OR walking to start with before going back to twice a day.

Out of curiosity, any particular reason why you're doing two workouts a day?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Overtraining and undereating?
  • Bonnieelizabeth
    Bonnieelizabeth Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you snore it could be sleep apnea!! I have it and if I don't wear my cpap machine I feel terrible the next day!! Ask a spouse if you snore or if they hear you gasping for air at night if they do please have it checked out this condition can be fatal!!
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Get checked to see what you vitamin D level is. Also, be sure to get enough B vitamins.
  • Dragonfly1996
    Dragonfly1996 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Overtraining and undereating?

If there's nothing medically wrong it could be this ^^

And/Or u could be eating the wrong foods but without seeing ur diary it's hard to comment.

Make sure u are eating enough & all or at least half ur exercise cals.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    It's got to be food related. I used to be tired 24/7 and when I fine-tuned my diet I am NEVER tired unless I have a crazy good workout.