HRM (frustrated rant)

Options
omid990
omid990 Posts: 785 Member
Today was the second time i worked out with my new polar f4 and the first time i used it on the treadmill and it was completely useless. It would show my heart rate (around 150 bpm for most of the workout), and then it would jump to zero, and then it would go to some ridiculously low number like 70 when i was running at 5 mph and was pouring sweat. After half an hour on the treadmill, it said i'd only burned about 150 calories! There is absolutely no way that's right! I called polar and they told me it was some kind of interference from the treadmill and that i shouldn't use that machine anymore.

What's the point of having a HRM if i can't use it on the exercise equipment i want?!?!?!:mad:

right now i'm feeling really frustrated, like i just wasted almost $100 on a piece of crap:explode:

k. rant's over.

Replies

• dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Did you wet the transmitters when you put it on? Mine isn't a polar but I know that if I don't do that the same thing will happen to me. Sorry that you are disappointed in it. :-(
  • roxie17
    roxie17 Posts: 71
    Options
    I now they make models that will not allow interference but you have to pay extra $$ for those:angry:
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    i have the polar f4 and had similar problems, but it was because either i didn't wet the transmitter before putting it on or i didn't have the transmitter on tight enough to get good contact. also, sometimes while exercising (moving around!!) the transmitter will also move around and lose contact. i love my f4. it just takes a few times to get used to knowing where it needs to be placed on your body to keep a consistent reading
  • NaiLo
    NaiLo Posts: 39
    Options
    aw that sucks, I bought one too a few months back and I was soo excited about it...till it didnt work either...
    we had to take it back and I bought a cheaper one that I was sad and disappointed to get....but in the end Im glad I did, its waay better and works really well. So maybe you should check out other brands and try and exchange it.
    I know its very frustrating :(
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    aw that sucks, I bought one too a few months back and I was soo excited about it...till it didnt work either...
    we had to take it back and I bought a cheaper one that I was sad and disappointed to get....but in the end Im glad I did, its waay better and works really well. So maybe you should check out other brands and try and exchange it.
    I know its very frustrating :(

Can you tell me which "cheaper brand" you got? Right now I'm thinking about getting a pro-form precision xt. I've had a few members recommend it, and am really leaning towards it since it's not TOO expensive, like most of the others.