Pedometer brand recommendations?

Options
hmo4
hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
Hi looking to get a reliable Pedometer that I can wear and actually track MY movements, not just jiggles in the car, etc. Any brands you guys can recommend as worthy?:happy:

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    :tongue: bumpin for later to see responses
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I use the Omron Walking Style pocket pedometer. I received it from the health promotion department at my job when I joined their weightloss program. I googled them and found that there are several local retailers that carry them. The price ranged from about $25 - $40, depending on the retailer. It seems to be more reliable than the 3 other cheap ones that counted steps everytime I inhaled. LOL!

:laugh: After I saved this comment and went back to your post, the ad banner across the top was for the exact pedometer that I was talking about.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I have a life watch pedometer that I just loved until recently. The LED panel is all skewed. Now, I haven't had it for long so I'm not sure of my recourse. My boyfriend bought it for me but he doesn't remember where he bought it. So I guess on one hand I really like the life watch and on the other I don't know how they hold up in the long run.

Just my experience. I'm very curious to see other responses.
  • CarmenSantiago
    Options
    I use the Omron Walking Style pedometer. I received it from the health promotion department at my job when I joined their weightloss program. I googled them and found that there are several local retailers that carry them. The price ranged from about $25 - $40, depending on the retailer. It seems to be more reliable than the 3 other cheap ones that counted steps everytime I inhaled. LOL!

LMAO @ "counting steps evertime I inhaled". I have one like that too! Does this one count calories and miles also?
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I use the Omron Walking Style pedometer. I received it from the health promotion department at my job when I joined their weightloss program. I googled them and found that there are several local retailers that carry them. The price ranged from about $25 - $40, depending on the retailer. It seems to be more reliable than the 3 other cheap ones that counted steps everytime I inhaled. LOL!

LMAO @ "counting steps evertime I inhaled". I have one like that too! Does this one count calories and miles also?

Yes it counts total steps, aerobic steps, calories burned, and miles walked. I love it!
  • CarmenSantiago
    Options

Yes it counts total steps, aerobic steps, calories burned, and miles walked. I love it!

How ironic, right after you posted this a banner for OMRON played across the top of the screen. I never look at advertisements but that caught my eye. I went to their website. I absolutely LOVE the $35 GOSMAART pedometer. It looks like it does everything. I may just have to buy it NOW. LOL :smokin:

Thanks! :bigsmile:
  • Flyright
    Flyright Posts: 36
    Options
    I have a New Lifestyles
    Digi-walker that is 3 years old and still going strong.

model sw-401

http://www.thepedometercompany.com/pedometers.html

Hope this helps!