Is 30DS too hard for fattys?

Options
13»

Replies

• Falling2Grace
    Falling2Grace Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    i ended up doing Zumba (on the Wii) for 45 minutes...killer intense! we are going to rhode island tomorrow, so hoping to start monday (with the weights).
  • erinw1011
    erinw1011 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I did one day of the 30 day shred when I weight about 220 lbs. I barely finished it and I was sweaty and red and could not walk or move anything for days without pain, it took me a year and a half to pick it up again, this time 20 or so pounds lighter. I work out many times a week and still struggle with it, but that just shows that it's a good workout! Anyone regardless of size can do it. Like others have said, take your time, modify the moves. I still cannot do push-ups, even girly ones so sometimes I do them against a wall! I just did level 2 for the first time last night and couldn't finish every move. Stick with it and you'll see results!
  • Falling2Grace
    Options
    Purchased two 3lb weights...is that going to be enough?
    Im thinking of starting 30DS today...wish me luck! Im trying to get the hubby to join too lol
  • NNSSJSKR
    NNSSJSKR Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use 3lb weights and it works great for me...at the moment (I'm on L1D5) I would be too afraid to try anything heavier. When I first started (the first time, this is round 3 or 4 for me...yikes) by husband bought me 5lb weights trying to be helpful. I had him try and use them and he only got through about 5 minutes ;) They have been collecting dust ever since.
  • missataylor22
    missataylor22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hi. im on day 8 of the 30 ds. i found it soooo hard a the start, im 32 pounds overweight, and i honestly felt like i was dying, but saying that, it was only 20 mins, and 8 days later im on to level 2 and i really enjoy it. it took me a couple of trys to get into the swing of doing it every day, i got it about a month ago and did it once a week on level one to get more used to the pace. i also jog on the spot for 20 mins a day to get used to the cardio. dont let your weight stop you, once you start it gets soo much easier and its soo worth the stuggles of the first days. feel free to add me if you want support :)xxx
  • Falling2Grace
    Options
    If anyone is starting this or recently started, please join my thread! I think it would be great for added support and motivation :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/603570-may-june-30ds-challenge-join-here