How Active Am I?

Options
PeachyPlum
PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
I'm trying to calculate my calories using the Fat2Fit Radio tools, but I get stuck at the Activity Level bit.

5'2" 31 Years Old 116 lbs

My BMR is 1234.
Sedentary: 1508
Lightly Active: 1728
Moderately Active: 1948

I'm really not sure where to eat. I work out to burn about 150 calories per day. But I also am on my feet a lot at work, walking on average 5 miles a day at around 4 MPH per my pedometer. On weekends, I make sure to get the same amount of walking in.

Does that make me lightly active? That's what I've assumed, and since I'm close to goal I've been eating 200 calories a day less, which puts me at 1528 or so.

Souond right?

Replies

• dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You could always figure Sedentary and add in the walking as exercise every day (since you know what it is) and see where that puts you.
  • PeachyPlum
    Options
    I was hoping not to have to mess with eating back exercise calories, etc...

Any other Fat2Fit people have advice?
  • jallen1955
    jallen1955 Posts: 121
    Options
    You would be considered lightly active by all standards
  • season1980
    season1980 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    If you walk daily and workout each day to burn 150+ calories I would say moderatley active. That is what I go off of and I only wal 30 min 5 days a week and stregnth train 3 times a week.
  • angraham2
    angraham2 Posts: 128
    Options
    I agree, lightly active!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I was hoping not to have to mess with eating back exercise calories, etc...

Any other Fat2Fit people have advice?

You'd only need to check it once though to see which activity level you'd be closest to and then switch to that and not log exercise.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I think that's lightly active... Good luck!
  • MsFargo
    MsFargo Posts: 27
    Options
    This from www.phord.com (which has since been inactivated)

Sedentary = little or no exercise, desk job
    Lightly Active = Light exercise or sports 1-2 days/week
    A Little More Active = Exercise or sports 3-4 days/week
    Moderately Active = Moderate exercise or sports 4-5 days/week
    Very Active = Hard exercise or sports 6-7 days/week
    Extra Active = Very hard daily exercise or sports AND physical job or 2x day training.

If you are up and moving during your day (say you are a teacher or waitress, so you spend a lot of time on your feet), you might be lightly active (or more) before you even add in exercise.

Hope this helps!
  • PeachyPlum
    Options
    Thanks ya'll - I needed a sanity check!
  • Elona_30
    Elona_30 Posts: 66
    Options
    Thanks for asking the question and for all of the advice because that really helps me out as well I have been wondering the same thins as I am a teacher in a day care an am on my feet most of the day with the children
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I would just try eating at the lightly active level for a couple weeks and then evaluate how it's working for you and if you need to increase or decrease consumption.
  • MsFargo
    MsFargo Posts: 27
    Options
    To see how much food you need to eat to lose weight…

http://www.nowloss.com/how-to-lose-weight-keep-it-off-permanently.htm
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I'd say moderately active by the numbers.

If your BMR is 1234 and you are walking 5 miles (500 cals or so) and working out (150 cals) that puts you at 1884. That doesn't account for anything else in your day. You absolutely can assume that you would burn at least another extra 100 in other day to day activities. That sets you at moderately active.
  • PeachyPlum
    Options
    Per my pedometer, 5 miles comes out to roughly 300 calories (taking into account my weight and such). Plus 150 of morning cardio puts me at 1684.

Maybe I'm eating too much! Yikes!