Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    People do ab dedicated workouts? :noway: :drinker:
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I basically treat them like any other muscle, for me right now that means about 2x per week. I do an upper/lower split. I focus on keeping my core tight while doing all my exercises, and I finish off my 'upper' day doing planks until I collapse.
  • Xtinaa22
    Xtinaa22 Posts: 3
    Options
    I completely agree with "Mercenary1914 ":
    "I think they meant as a secondary workout...not primary workout...Like no one should be doing Hardcore isolation ab workouts every day....

Abs are worrked everyday because they are secondary muscles in things like squats, dead lifts, bench press, and etc. "

yes, technically your abs are worked out everyday, but you shouldn't give a full blown ab workout everyday. Your abs work as secondary muscle throughout the day, but when it comes to gym time, you don't want to do full ab workouts everyday.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I've always read that they could be worked every day. I can't imagine that doing planks, crunches, bicycles, and other body weight exercises in moderation would hurt you.

I agree with other people about not doing a full-blown workout isolating them. I was thinking about something on the order of a couple of 30-second planks.
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I worked my abs everyday, but not the same part of my abs.
    For example: Regular crunches on monday, Reverse crunches on tuesday, oblques on wednesday, double crunches on Thursday, etc, etc, etc
    But also my time is limited so these are being done during a 10/15min calisthenics workout: different variations of push-ups, squats/lunges, abs to work different muscles each day.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Bump, so I can read more from Mercenary later. :flowerforyou:
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and 6 Week 6 Pack work them every day....
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Anti-lock Brake Systems?
    You should work them anytime you feel the need to stop your car quickly.
    Remember, no need to pump the brakes, even (or especially) in slippery conditions; the ABS does that for you.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options

I never seen her workout so I can't debate this program...does anyone know what every day workout consists of for abs?

BTW Show me someone who works their abs everyday and have amazing abs...and I will show you 100's of people who do not work abs(isolation wise) everyday and have amazing abs....

It's a myth that society is brainwashed to think because they need to sell a product....just my opinion

Also Why is it I know people personally who works abs everyday...and their abs are still incognito.... :frown:
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Bump, so I can read more from Mercenary later. :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    If youre overdoing it- then I overdosed.

In 2011 once a month i would have a 3000 (varied style) crunch weekend.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    You don't need to do them every day... treat them like all the other muscles that would work out. Maybe only do an ab workout routine every other day, or just a couple times a week.

Also, a lot of people don't even do typical ab workouts. They work their abs by doing other exercises like deadlifts and things like that and they have really nice tummy's.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options

I never seen her workout so I can't debate this program...does anyone know what every day workout consists of for abs?

BTW Show me someone who works their abs everyday and have amazing abs...and I will show you 100's of people who do not work abs(isolation wise) everyday and have amazing abs....

It's a myth that society is brainwashed to think because they need to sell a product....just my opinion

Also Why is it I know people personally who works abs everyday...and their abs are still incognito.... :frown:

I don't know details about 6W6P, but the 30 DS doesn't do hardcore isolation-it's only 1 minute in each of the three circuits. ;)

I personally just do the ab machine three-four days a week, do planks a couple times a week, and do a 3-5 minute ab workout a couple days a week. Unless I repeat the 30 DS-in which case it adds those 3 total minutes (or 6 if I run through two levels).
  • Mercenary1914
    Options

I don't know details about 6W6P, but the 30 DS doesn't do hardcore isolation-it's only 1 minute in each of the three circuits. ;)

I personally just do the ab machine three-four days a week, do planks a couple times a week, and do a 3-5 minute ab workout a couple days a week. Unless I repeat the 30 DS-in which case it adds those 3 total minutes (or 6 if I run through two levels).

Ok...thanks...got it.
  • dree77
    dree77 Posts: 52
    Options
    Anti-lock Brake Systems?
    You should work them anytime you feel the need to stop your car quickly.
    Remember, no need to pump the brakes, even (or especially) in slippery conditions; the ABS does that for you.

:laugh: