Gluten Free Food

Vdale
Vdale Posts: 5
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Any good ideas for gluten free foods / snacks etc while trying to loose weight?
Thanks!

Replies

• wbaez
    wbaez Posts: 5
    I have found some at Trader Joe's. www.traderjoes.com/locations.asp
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    nuts, fruits and veggies.....................

Stay away from most bread, crackers and cereal.
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    I work with children with Autism so at least half the kids I have worked with have been or are on the Gluten Casein free diet. When I first started in this field 8 years ago there were very few options in grocery stores for people on this diet. However with the rise in Autism rates there has been a corresponding increase in mainstream GFCF free foods. Trader Joe's & Whole Foods Market have an awesome selection of these items & I've even seem some in mainstream stores. So just be on the lookout for foods that say GFCF free. I think you be surprised by the selection of breads, pastas, etc that are wheat free.

I hope this helps :)
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Just be aware that things that are gluten free are higher in calories and sugar so be careful with how much of the processed stuff you eat.

My family is all GFCF due to food allergies, celiacs and autism and we eat a clean diet (for the most part) and then once a month we make a special GFCF treat. My kids wanted pasta one day so I buy the brown rice pasta (which is really good BTW) make it and find out there is over 200 calories a serving :noway: Needless to say I had salad lol. There are lots of choices out there.

If you don't mind me asking why are you going GF?
This discussion has been closed.