How to lose weight after WLS and a gain of 30 lbs?

wbaez
wbaez Posts: 5
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello everybody,

7 years ago I had Gastric Bypass Surgery. I have managed to lose and keep off 110 pounds for 5 years over the last 3 years I have slowly gained 30 pounds. Is there anybody out there who has had similar experience and been successful losing the weight? I am struggling.

Thank you

Whit

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Welcome to the boards!

I'm only 10 months out from my WLS so I can't help you on the regain issue. I'm in the middle of easing into maintenance myself.

But my friends who have been there say they go back to the basics (protein first, watching calories) and their tool kicks right in.

Good luck!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Hi Whit,

I am 6 years out and I am at my lowest right now. There is a bit on my profile about my journey. I also have a profile on obesityhelp.com that has more information about my loss, regain, reloss, new loss, etc.

It is all about getting back to the pouch rules. You have to exercise, you have to abstain from drinking with your meals. You have to eat small meals consisting of mostly protein. As you know WLS was not the end all, be all. It's a neverending journey.

Good Luck and email me if you have any questions. Just know that it's never too late. You can do it!
This discussion has been closed.