Question for any dieticians, trainers, or experts out there

Options
I have been carefully tracking and exercising for 3 weeks. Started at 5'5" and 147 lbs with a goal of 134 lbs in 9 weeks; I am medium build. Have been sticking to 1300 cal daily with a cheat day Saturday of 1800-2000. Exercising 5+ days a week (running, boot cam, aerobics, lifting, zumba, and random cardio) so burning at least 2500 weekly. Weight came off in first 2 weeks, kinda stalling this week. And, I have started training for a half marathon as of this week, so will be running more and doing other things less over the next 2 months.

Here's the main question, I am way over on protein every day (suggested 50-70, my intake, closer to 100). Does this matter? Is this stalling my weight loss? If I cut down, might it slim out my legs which seem to be getting bigger? The protein is definitely helping me stay full which was tough in the beginning as I was eating 2000 plus a day before starting this. However, at this point I'm pretty well adjusted and wondering if I need to start switching out some meat for veggies?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,243 Member
    Options
    Short answer is no. Protein is good for losing. Since you have relatively little to lose, it will not usually come off quickly. For that matter a slow down at the week you are at is not unusual.