Ground Turkey

Options

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I make meatloaf with it. I cut bell peppers in half, make a meatloaf mix like you normally would (only with the turkey) and cook them in a pan until it starts to get brown. Then throw some diced tomatoes on top and bake in the oven until the meat is complete. It's soooo good!
  • neelia
    Options
    I make meatloaf with it. I cut bell peppers in half, make a meatloaf mix like you normally would (only with the turkey) and cook them in a pan until it starts to get brown. Then throw some diced tomatoes on top and bake in the oven until the meat is complete. It's soooo good!

I meant to say put the meatloaf mix in the bell pepper halves
  • jkc0426
    jkc0426 Posts: 1
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has a lot of great healthy and EASY recipes. I recently made skinny chicken parmigiana and it tasted amazing! I got the stamp of approval from the hubby...so that will be a regular running recipe for us.
  • Curry0724
    Curry0724 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
  • neelia
    Options
    We use it in our tacos and burgers...hardly ever buy ground beef anymore!

I NEVER buy ground beef anymore! I heart me some turkey!
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I was wondering what to make for dinner since it's right before payday and grocery day.. The meat loaf sounds good..
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    For a quick and easy meal I'll take a pound of ground turkey, brown it and then add a can of rotel tomatoes & chili and a can of organic tri-bean blend (drained) from Krogers; serve over quinoa with veggies on the side. Yesterday I put it into the crock pot and just let it simmer all day with a couple of bay leaves...worked pretty well that way too.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Turkey albondigas (meatball) soup:

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/turkey_albondigas_soup.html

This is one of my favorite soup recipes ever. It is absolutely delicious, and even better over the next day or two.
  • msue482
    msue482 Posts: 55
    Options
    If you like sweet potatoes try this:

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/sweet-potato-cottage-pie.aspx

So yummy! I'm always searching for new recipes and this is one of my faves.
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    One of my faves is patting them out like salisbury steak, season with onion powder and brown, then add Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom to the pan like gravy! YUM!
  • cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as a lot of others - I use it in place of beef since I don't eat red meat. Make meatballs, use it in chili (my favorite for the winter!), burgers (great with a little Worcestershire sauce, shredded carrots and minced onion), and probably my most frequent use - tacos!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I make a turkey meatloaf with spinach and sun dried tomatoes. Add 1 cup of finely chopped spinach and 1/2 c chopped sun dried tomatoes to your meatloaf recipe. Since the taste is milder than beef, it pairs well and the spinach makes it really moist. Those who don't like spinach won't even know the difference.
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe on foodnetwork.com for a turkey meat loaf with sundried tomato and feta that was AWESOME! My whole family LOVED it and I have some very pickey eaters. I paired it with smashed sweet potatos - also a big hit with the fam. and I think the whole dinner was under 300 calories per serving. Can't beat that!!! But I also agree with the others that any recipe that calls for ground beef you can sub turket for. We do it with tacos, spagetti, hamburgers, etc....
  • Brieve29
    Brieve29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Tacos and lasagna are both great with ground turkey!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I just made Turker Burgers

1 lb ground turkey
    1/4 cup oatmeal (processed fine)
    1 egg
    1 package frozen chopped spinach - (thawed and drained well)
    1 cup whole fresh cranberries (sub with craisins)
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts

(you can also add a chopped granny smith apple)

I make 6 patties (probably could make 7/8 if needed) and cook on a forman grill

I serve with 1/2 can whole berry cranberry sauce mixed with reduced fat mayo (1 or 2 T/per patty) on a sandwich thin - approx 400 cals total.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My favorite is turkey lasagna, but I save that one for a treat day.

A healthy choice would be turkey balls (meat balls) Ground turkey+onion, garlic, egg whites, & your favorite seasonings. I make a bunch & freeze them.
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Turkey Patties with brown rice and gravy

Little olive oil in hot pan, sautee some onion, garlic (and any other veggie you like), add the mini turkey patties (season with some salt and pepper) brown on both sides, then add gravy to pan, simmer until gravy is thick.

You put this mixture over rice and yummy
  • wendygutie
    wendygutie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Albondiga soup, or chili
  • marygettingfit
    marygettingfit Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else, I use it for anything that I used to use beef for. I honestly wasnt't super fond of the meatloaf myself but my husband LOVED it. Many times I buy the 4 pack from Costco and brown it with onion and then feeze it in quart size bags. Then whenever I want it I just let it set out for 1/2 hour and make whatever... (whatever it is that takes it ground)