Anyone play an Instrument?

Options

Replies

• Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I know there's some talented folks on MFP, so let's hear about it! How cool would it be to start a "MFP band"? We could jam out and burn calories at the same time :smokin: . As for me, I've been playing cello for 12 years, can play the piano a bit, and I can sang! lol. What about y'all?
    I played cello from 5th grade to graduation and I played pit all through high school when they needed
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Guitar and Piano
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I'm getting pretty good with the theremin.
    Might be able to play a Rickenbacker frying pan if I ever picked it up. Oh well, it's fun to look at.
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    Acoustic guitar and I sing. A great outlet for stress or melancholy... :)

Me too! Did you know that playing guitar is listed in our Cardio Exercise for MFP?! I love it when I get in a groove, work out some angst, and get to claim some calories for it too! :)
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    History of playing piano & French horn but now do sound system - does that help?!?!?
    Can even reach to do plug-ins & breathe at the same time now!!!
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Clarinet for 12 years now!
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    i play air guitar!
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    ukulele...
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty good with air drums.. (only when Metallica is playing for some reason) :-)
  • JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Took voice lessons for 18yrs, can play alto sax and piano/keyboard..
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I play lots of things because I have to know how to teach the basics (clarinet, alto/tenor sax, trumpet, trombone, french horn, percussion, guitar, ukelele, recorder, bass) and these are passable at best lol. I'm fairly mediocre at baritone, oboe, and I play piano well enough to rehearse my kiddos and play some for fun. My better instruments will always be flute (18 years) and voice (ummm forever ).

OH and I promised Cory I'd teach her how to play butt trumpets so I'm gonna start learning that right now. ;)
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    Thats so awesome! I love musical people. I play the piano and a little on the guitar :)
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Piano the longest, Alto Sax next, then Tenor Sax, and Handbells, also the (xylophone/vibraphone) bells too. Now the Handbell choir director at my church (inherited this job, did NOT volunteer) and the Women's quartet (singing) director, accompanist, and participant in the Women's quartet. LOVE music! Miss marching band - yeah, that was me in the marching band playing sax or whatever, bells with the drum line. any time I hear a good cadence.....brings me back. LOVE drum line.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I play piano, saxophone, bassoon and sing. I am teaching myself guitar right now.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    A few, but just a little. Saxophone, Violin, Piano, Guitar (very little though) and I can sing.

JM
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Piano the longest, Alto Sax next, then Tenor Sax, and Handbells, also the (xylophone/vibraphone) bells too. Now the Handbell choir director at my church (inherited this job, did NOT volunteer) and the Women's quartet (singing) director, accompanist, and participant in the Women's quartet. LOVE music! Miss marching band - yeah, that was me in the marching band playing sax or whatever, bells with the drum line. any time I hear a good cadence.....brings me back. LOVE drum line.

OH my gosh! I can't believe I forgot HANDBELLS! I love those!
  • Carlito21
    Carlito21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I play the blues harp (harmonica) since I was 10,some singing, percussion and the conga drums...

Learning the key board and guitar now...

Love music..... :-)
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I know there's some talented folks on MFP, so let's hear about it! How cool would it be to start a "MFP band"? We could jam out and burn calories at the same time :smokin: . As for me, I've been playing cello for 12 years, can play the piano a bit, and I can sang! lol. What about y'all?
    I played cello from 5th grade to graduation and I played pit all through high school when they needed

Pit was so much fun. I think my favorite was for "The Music Man"
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Used to be in a band, I played drums. Haven't played since they fired me. :laugh:
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Has anyone said skin flute yet?