Has anyone heard f the UCLA diet?

Options
My doctor put me on this UCLA diet. But I can't find anything about it on the internet. I am supposed to eat 2 out of the 3 meals under 185 calories an for the 3rd meal I can have anything I want. But no snacking.

185 calories is hard. Any suggestions on meals that small? Has anyone heard of this diet?

Thanks

Replies

• kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Basically sounds like slimfast diet. Those meal shakes are 180-190 calories and they say to have those for 2 out of 3 meals....but honestly that sounds really hard!
    And it almost sounds like it would put you into a bing mode.....hunger all day and then eat whatever you want...you might be so hungry you eat 3000 calories!
    I think you should eat smaller meals through out the day and save most of calories for dinner
  • futurefitgirl
    Options
    never heard of it! A good low cal meal would be one egg and two or three egg whites. You could even add some turkey or feta cheese to it. Plus, you can add veggies for very little calories. It is really yummy and filling. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    never heard of it, sorry... but share more detailes if you find out . why is your Dr. putting on such a restricted plan?
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options
    small whole wheat wrap (90 cals)
    two slices tandoori chicken breast (60 cals)
    romaine lettuce (5 cals)
    red peppers (5 cals)
    red onion (5 cals)
    fat free ranch dressing (25)

There is 190 calories! I have this for a snack very often or two for lunch.

Sounds like an interesting diet - easy way to keep to around 1400 calories, as I cannot imagine eating more than 1000 calories at one sitting! Even a McDonalds Big Mac and fries are around 900!!!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
    :smile:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    romaine lettuce (5 cals)
    red peppers (5 cals)
    red onion (5 cals)

Sounds like an interesting diet - easy way to keep to around 1400 calories, as I cannot imagine eating more than 1000 calories at one sitting! Even a McDonalds Big Mac and fries are around 900!!!

That sounds amazingly delicious!!! :bigsmile:
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options
    romaine lettuce (5 cals)
    red peppers (5 cals)
    red onion (5 cals)

That sounds amazingly delicious!!! :bigsmile:

Oh Kandy - I LOVE that! You should try it. I keep all that stuff in my fridge, so that I always have a healthy snack to throw together. How are you doing btw?
    :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Can of tuna 125
    celery stalk 1
    3 grape tomatoes 7
    1tsp of Ken's Creamy Caesar 20
    5 large strawberries 30

Baby Lima Beans 70 (1/4 cup dry)
    can of tuna 125

Salmon filet 140 (frozen kind) with cajun seasoning