The fat you eat is the fat you wear

Options

Replies

• Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    DId you get this article from a radio station website? This sounds like one of them..
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    You'd simply be wrong. Fat actually helps burn fat. What causes weight gain is spikes in insulin and blood sugar. Insulin is the hormone that tells your body to store fat. If you have an excess of insulin due to poor blood sugar regulation usually because of a poor diet rich in processed wheat, soy, and corn products you will get fat. Do you know how they fatten pigs? Its not with fat, its with corn. The problem is sugar, and anyone up to date on nutritional news knows this.

... Really? The problem is eating too much and not moving enough, not sugar. My pint of ice cream a night scoffs at your "up to date on nutrional news" stance. Too much of anything can be bad for you, including, but not limited to sugar.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Cause Im wearing a Bacon Bikini...:bigsmile:

This is relevant to my interests. I would like to know more.

Forget expensive lingerie, next time I wanna seduce my man, I'm wearing a bacon bikini!

*I'm not even sure if I'm joking right now
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    did someone say bacon bikini?

what was this thread about again?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    The problem is sugar, and anyone up to date on nutritional news knows this.
    Orlly?
  • sfoxy219
    sfoxy219 Posts: 103
    Options
    I don't think anything should be eaten in excess. I also don't believe in cutting things completely out. You should have a balanced diet of carbs, protein and fats. I do believe in cutting out or lowering animal fats as much as possible. You can eat fats but try to get it in nuts, beans, peanut butter, plant based fats.

If you want to lower your intake then bring everything else down as well. I really don't get why so may people believe in eat 100g+ protein a day. If your not a athlete you really don't need that much. Women only need 40-60g a day and I dont remember what men need.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Forget expensive lingerie, next time I wanna seduce my man, I'm wearing a bacon bikini!

Pics or it didn't happen
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Pics or it didn't happen

^ This!
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My diet is 50% fat and I'm only getting leaner.
  • peinek
    peinek Posts: 6
    Options
    Oh how i miss bacon
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Do a little research on biochemistry and the metabolic pathways of the body for protein, fat and carbohydrates (and how too much of any one thing over a period of time, whether short or long, can be detrimental to the body and the metabolic system - even fruits and vegetables) and then come back try again.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    bacon-bikini-nsfw-25176-1232729623-16.jpg
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    So I think I just spent a couple of minutes responding to a Straw (Fat) Man argument.

Same. I want my 3 minutes back.

:smile:
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    bacon-bikini-nsfw-25176-1232729623-16.jpg

:heart: :love:

oh god.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Personally believing something doesn't make it scientific fact. I could believe my cat Tom is the supreme God and overlord of our solar system, and we should worship this stray cat. Doesn't make it true. Study after study shows that it isn't dietary fat that causes those problems: it's inflammation and excess carbohydrates.

Wait.. you mean I've been worshiping Tom for nothing :sad: .. is the spaceship not coming?!?! :laugh:
  • FindingInnerBeauty
    Options
    Personally believing something doesn't make it scientific fact. I could believe my cat Tom is the supreme God and overlord of our solar system, and we should worship this stray cat. Doesn't make it true. Study after study shows that it isn't dietary fat that causes those problems: it's inflammation and excess carbohydrates.

Wait.. you mean I've been worshiping Tom for nothing :sad: .. is the spaceship not coming?!?! :laugh:

oh goodness i am dying of laughter :laugh:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Do a little research on biochemistry and the metabolic pathways of the body for protein, fat and carbohydrates (and how too much of any one thing over a period of time, whether short or long, can be detrimental to the body and the metabolic system - even fruits and vegetables) and then come back try again.

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Im my humble opinion... A diet without bacon is simply no way to live
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

:heart:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    The study that was referenced

Gluteofemoral Adipose Tissue Plays a Major Role in Production of the Lipokine Palmitoleate in Humans. Diabetes. 2012 Apr 9

http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/early/2012/04/03/db11-1810.abstract