Haven't eaten dinner but not hungry :/

Options
So according to my food log, I have eaten 800 calories so far today and have done quite a bit of exercise: jog, kettlebells and about an hour of walking. But i'm not hungry, do I just eat for the sake of it??

Replies

• LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I don't think I'm hungry till I eat something then I'm like whoa...
  • TinamarZDF
    TinamarZDF Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Eat something healthy like p-nuts, almonds, fruit.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    So according to my food log, I have eaten 800 calories so far today and have done quite a bit of exercise: jog, kettlebells and about an hour of walking. But i'm not hungry, do I just eat for the sake of it??

Yes, maybe try a protein shake. Your body needs to know that it's going to get food on a regular basis. Skipping meals is never a good idea.
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options

Yes. Your body needs to know that it's going to get food on a regular basis. Skipping meals is never a good idea.

If your doing that much exercise then you are definitely under eating and it will catch up to you and you will not lose.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Yes, maybe try a protein shake. Your body needs to know that it's going to get food on a regular basis. Skipping meals is never a good idea.

skipping meals is fine.......Not hitting your calorie goal for the day is not.
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    If it's a one day thing, I think you're ok. But if it becomes a habit, I'd say yes, eat any way. I know it may seem counter-intuitive but you should be aiming for at least 1200 cals (more depending on your height).
  • KaylaPole93
    KaylaPole93 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the advice. I guess eating up to my daily calorie intake is better than not eating at all. All this talk about eating has made me a little peckish, i'm off to make some dinner! Good luck everyone on your fitness journey :D
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I don't think I'm hungry till I eat something then I'm like whoa...

This.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    If this is a once in a blue moon type of thing, don't worry about it. If you're so low on calories a lot, definitely work on increasing those cals by a lot! :)
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    Be careful or your body will go into starvation mode and eat you and the people around you...

In all seriousness eat something light and healthy. My guess is you will be hungry later too....

Also, are you sure you have entered you calories today with 100% accuracy? Sometimes the calculations are not 100%.. if that is a possibility then listen to your body....
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Be careful or your body will go into starvation mode and eat you and the people around you...

So, THAT's what happened to the dog!

OP: Once in a while, it's okay. Just don't make a habit of it.