Pregnancy Questions

Hemis_mom
Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I just stopped taking my pill is it okay to try right away????? I was thinking about that today--I want this baby to be healthy I am taking vitamins, folic acid, and trying to exercise most days---I still need to work on cutting out soda and coffee

Also does anyone have any advice on taking anti-anxiety meds and pregnancy I take 25mg of Zoloft per day to curb the anxiety of my profession I read a lot about it and it seems to be okay to stay on it until the third trimester BUT I would like to get off of them ASAP but am afraid the anxiety wouldn't be good for the baby either (I read about that too my mom was teaching with me when I was in utero which is probably why I am so high strung because she is too)

Also how much and how often can you exercise 30 day shred??? Running???? I am wondering......How many more calories do you really need--I would like to continue my weight loss journey but not at the expense of the baby

Thanks

Replies

• kimgibbons
    kimgibbons Posts: 39 Member
    First of all congrats on starting to try for a baby!!! I am no expert but I have two kids and when I first went off the pill (which I was on for 10 years) my doctor said I could go ahead and try right away. He just said that I should be prepared for it to take a while as my body flushes out the drugs and gets back to normal. I was pregnant with my daughter in 3 months!

Not sure about the anti-anxiety meds but I would think that you should try to get off them if you can. You will likely "feel" different when you get pregnant as your emotions really change so maybe you won't need them? I would check with your doctor for sure.

You should be able to exercise just as much as you do now when you are pregnant. Of course as you get bigger it becomes difficult to do everything but I was exercising right up to the week I delivered. The benefit is you loose the baby weight way faster too. For my son, I wore my regular jeans a week after delivering.

Good luck!!!:smooched:
  • mouser79
    mouser79 Posts: 68
    I am currently trying right now. I was on the pill for 11 years my doctor said there was no reason to wait, it is just a little harder to get an accurate due date in the begininng
  • mellieking
    mellieking Posts: 27
    I know when I got off the pills with all 3 of my kiddo's, both of my OB's at the time each told me to wait at least 3 months... Just to make sure all those hormones are out of your body and that way they don't effect the baby and pregnancy at all... It was 3 months after for the 1st two kiddo's and 6mons. after for the baby... Good luck and have fun:blushing: :wink: ... ALSO DON'T STRESS IF IT DOESN'T HAPPEN RIGHT AWAY!!! That'll just make it take longer... :flowerforyou:

*** BABY DUST***
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    The best answer is to talk to your doctor. Make sure you write down all your questions or even just print this page so you remember what you want to ask. They are there, so make them work.
  • I was first prescribed Zoloft during pregnancy about halfway through it. I took it throughout my second pregnancy and continue to take it now (my daughter is 3 months old). It's safe to take even in the 3rd trimester and breastfeeding, if you so choose. 25 mg is a pretty low dose of it as well, so I wouldn't worry about that! I started on 50 mg and am now up to 100, which will again be increased to 150-200mg.

Good luck trying for a baby :)
This discussion has been closed.