Reverse plank alternative?

Options
Hey there,

I have been doing Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed and Shred and I love it (as I usually do with her DVDs), but I can't do the reverse plank. It is WAY too hard on my wrists :( Does anyone else have this problem? Is there an alternative or modification?

Thanks!

Replies

• medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    bump
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Do them on a chair or off the wall? or on your elbow?
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    try doing them with fists instead of open hands, sometimes that helps me with planks/pushups/etc.
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I'll try a few of those tonight :)
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    Okay I'm totally clueless to Jillian's methods/programs but I gotta know.... what the hell is a reverse plank? How do you do it?

Let's bear in mind I struggle with a normal plank so I'm thinking the reverse might terrify me lol :tongue:
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Can you do them modified like a modified plank ( on your elbows) but in reverse? Maybe google modified reverse plank?
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    Ok I googled it... I get it now... still can't do it, but I get it now! lol
  • thisisheatherr
    thisisheatherr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm totally clueless to Jillian's methods/programs but I gotta know.... what the hell is a reverse plank? How do you do it?

Let's bear in mind I struggle with a normal plank so I'm thinking the reverse might terrify me lol :tongue:

Reverse plank is where you're facing the ceiling instead of facing the floor. Your hands and feet are on the ground and your body is straight, just like in a regular plank, but you're facing the ceiling so your arms are extended behind your back and your weight is on your hands and your heels. Google has some good images that pop up if you just search for "reverse plank".
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I do them with my hands turned out. My wrists just don't want to go that way.