Crossfit Training Success Stories!!

Options
2»

Replies

• lkoncar
    lkoncar Posts: 6
    Options
    My husband and I started doing CrossFit almost 6 months ago. We go 4-5 times a week and LOVE it! A few others have commented and I'll reiterate - the scale is SLOOOOOW to show results. I'd run quite a bit in the past, but never any kind of weight lifting, so it was 3 months before I started to see a shift in the right direction on the scale - building muscle and losing weight on the scale don't necessarily go hand in hand. Take measurements now before you really get started (if you don't already) so you can compare - bust, waist, hips, thigh - and see your progress. I'm down 10 pounds, 2.5% body fat, and 11 inches in 6 months - doesn't seem like a lot, but I look (and feel!) like an entirely different person, never been as fit in my life and feel great!

CrossFit is tough - from day 1 I've done things I never thought in a million years I was capable of. You've got to push yourself, but it is so incredibly rewarding. Like another person posted, the community feeling of the gym is such an important factor. Can't imagine going without that. If that's important to you - keep looking until you find one that has it.

Another comment I read is that it's expensive. It is. But if you compare it to having a personal trainer, it's not. Depending on the gym you go to, the number of people per class, the number and types of trainers, it can be similar to getting instruction from a personal trainer. That's how I've heard some rationalize the expense.

Another comment I read is that no one finishes until everyone finishes and that can be intimidating. Our gym doesn't operate that way, so don't be scared off because of that. In fact, in many gyms, the people that are done cheer on those that are still working - very motivating.

Good luck with CrossFit! At the risk of sounding lame - it's changed my life!
  • Bethee101
    Bethee101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I looked into doing it, but it was too expensive and I already belong to a gym. A friend ( loose term) does it and they all talk about "Mr. Pukey" the bucket that they all throw up in during workouts. I am guessing you will get some great results! Good LucK!
  • Dyngyldai
    Dyngyldai Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Did my first Crossfit workout yesterday. It's good to know that some other people are seeing great results. I feel pretty discouraged though. It was really hard. So hard that I couldn't sleep through the night because of the soreness. Also I was far and away the least fit in the class which isn't much fun. I'm not unfit either. I've done a lot of bike racing and some running but not much upper body. I hope things get a bit better.
  • lkoncar
    Options
  • lkoncar
    Options
    Did my first Crossfit workout yesterday. It's good to know that some other people are seeing great results. I feel pretty discouraged though. It was really hard. So hard that I couldn't sleep through the night because of the soreness. Also I was far and away the least fit in the class which isn't much fun. I'm not unfit either. I've done a lot of bike racing and some running but not much upper body. I hope things get a bit better.

It does get better, I promise! I'm a 43 year old female and started CrossFit 6 months ago. Was not fit at all back then. Now I'm holding my own! My first foundation classes 6 months ago were brutal. BRUTAL. The soreness is normal - you're most likely working parts of your body that have never been worked before. Stick with it, you will love it!

Take a bath in epsom salts, that really helps with the soreness. Ice is good too.

Keep in mind, those people that ARE fit in the class weren't always fit either. Everyone has to start somewhere!
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am so lucky i am military and a lady has free classes at our base gym. I could not afford the membership if I went to an actual gym. First time I took it, I couldnt sleep either from the sheer muscle pain. I felt like I needed a wheelchair lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!