SUPERSTITIONS ANYONE?

Options
2»

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Not a superstition per se, but I'm pretty sure something terrible would happen to me if I wore white sandals after Labor Day. :embarassed:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    "If i eat more than 1200 I gain"
  • Evarell
    Evarell Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hat on the bad = bad luck

. . . bed?
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I don't really believe them but I have to throw salt over my shoulder when it spills. And I do try and avoid black cat crossings
  • rachleb
    rachleb Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ones I know are...

Never put shoes on the table.
    Never walk under a ladder.
    Never open umbrella indoors.

x

I always put my shoes on my coffee table when I get home! I don't feel like taking them to the closet yet, and if I put them on the floor, my dog will chew them!
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    As a coach, I make sure and wear the same game gear all the time if we win. I even try to eat the same foods, and fill out my book and stuff the same way. Maybe that's anal and not superstitious? LOL
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    My mom always said

Don't put new shoes on the bed (or any other place besides the floor)
    If a broom falls it means someone is coming for a visit. I believe, depending on which way it faces means male or female.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I gave up on the black cat crossing when I adopted two black cats... :grumble:
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I was always told that if you sit your purse on the floor you would always be broke (What one has to do with the other I've never quite figured out)...This was drilled into me when I was growing up...

To this day I will do a power dive across the room to catch my purse if someone tries to sit it on the floor!!! LOL :drinker:

I have not heard this one but now know why I am so broke all the time and need to find a better place for my purse here at work, lol.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    knock on wood = if you say something that hasn't came true and you don't want it to
    black cat crossing in front of you = bad luck
    shoes on a table = bad luck
    full moon = weird things happen
    heads up penny = good luck
    if you leave the house and have to go back because you forgot something = bad luck
    opening an umbrella indoors = bad luck
    killing a spider = will make it rain
    killing a black cricket = bad luck
    empty fortune cookie = bad luck
    walking under a ladder = bad luck
    spill salt = bad luck if you don't throw some over your shoulder

Other weird things:
    if your left hand itches = you're going to recieve money
    if your right hand itches = you're going to have to pay a large sum of money
    if your nose itches some is thinking about you
    if your ears ring someone is talking about you

I'm sure I have more.. and yes part of me believes these. But then when I write them down they sound like hocus pocus. Either way, I'm still not setting my shoes on the table or going back to the house if I forgot something.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Step on a crack and break your mama's back
    If you frown alot your face will stay that way
    Rub a rabbit's foot for good luck
    Don't put your purse or wallet on the floor cuz you'll be poor (I live by this one)
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I was always told that if you sit your purse on the floor you would always be broke (What one has to do with the other I've never quite figured out)...This was drilled into me when I was growing up...

To this day I will do a power dive across the room to catch my purse if someone tries to sit it on the floor!!! LOL :drinker:

So that's why I have no money!! Hahah.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options

I have a lot of Italians in my family that say that.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    Nose itching = someone is coming for a visit
    Thunder when snow is on the ground = More snow

If the black cat one is true I'm screwed, three live under my roof!

JM

I heard if you take care of them thats good luck, so your good!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from Missouri and I remember as a kid my mom wouldn't let us count the cars in a funeral procession. A couple more superstitions not mentioned yet are a ladybug is good luck and if an inch worm is crawling on you it means you will get a new piece of clothing.