Green tea!!!

Options
I don't really like the taste, what could i put in it to make it taste better?

Replies

• abussott
    abussott Posts: 2
    Options
    Honey!!! I add a teaspoon and it makes it delicious. I like Jasmine Green tea the best.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    Honey!!! I add a teaspoon and it makes it delicious. I like Jasmine Green tea the best.
    Sweet!!!!
  • babykell19
    babykell19 Posts: 72
    Options
    i have juuust gotten into green tea..and i really like it. i like plain ol green tea with nothing added - but i haaaaate the floraly green teas out there. they give me a headache and taste like im drinking a flower. if your looking for something to make it a little more flavorful, whole foods carries a brand called "allegro", get the pomegranate green tea. its delish and adds a little bit so that its not so bland and it saves on the calories and sugar cause you wont have to add anything. good luck!
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I like Green Tea with Cranberry ;0)
  • mojophillips
    mojophillips Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have heard White tea is even better for you. Also, it undergoes less processing so is better for the environment. On a travel assignment I was given a bag of it from a co-worker but now I am hooked and don't know where to get it! If you come across it I recommend you try it :)
  • elizarou
    elizarou Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Green tea with coconut is amazing! You usually will see it as Thai flavored.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    the honey sounds awesome, same with the pomegranate.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Well, they say it takes 17 tries to make a child like a new food.

I made myself drink Green tea, and now I love the stuff.

Brew it either very weak, or very strong. For some reason, whenever I took a flask of hot green tea, and forgot to take the bag out, it obviously got super strong, but was oddly very drinkable.

Green tea with cranberry or tropical fruit flavours are good.

Lots of people like it with lemon, but I don't personally.
  • Heatherzilla92
    Options
    It also helps if you let the water in your kettle cool down a little before making your tea. Green tea doesn't need water quite as hot as black tea does. Boiling water will make your tea taste bitter.

You can also reuse your tea leaves for multiple cups of tea, and the second and third cups taste better than the first.

Apart from that, lemon juice is good.
  • valeriejbardini
    Options
    Green tea seems to be an acquired taste keep trying it and it might grow on you! I didn't like it much at first either but love it now with lemon. :-)
  • c1aireee
    c1aireee Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Green tea with coconut is amazing! You usually will see it as Thai flavored.

wow i love anything coconut so if I could find a green tea that would be brilliant, I live in UK does anyone know of a brand that does it? does it really taste of coconut?
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I mix it with twinings mint and nettle teabag. get two cups with two teabags. beep!
  • nesskehoe
    nesskehoe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Have drunk green tea before but found it quiet bland.

Am intrigued with the suggestions of coconut and honey. :)
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I drink it with honey also!