Migraine or something else?

Options
GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
Today I have had what is quite possibly the worst headache I've ever experienced (and I have had them for years, so I'm not exaggerating). My head hurt so bad I could scarcely move and my hands and forearms were completely numb. I took four tylenol and took a hot shower and that has brought it down to a dull roar but it still hurts like hell. :sick: :sick: :sick:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    OH that sounds like a stress induced migraine. The muscles around the cervical spine contract and cause the arms to go numb. I have had one or two like that.

GTO if it doesnt get better go to the ER. better safe than sorry.

If the tylenol is helping, then it is likely just a migraine.

honey, I hope you feel better real quick:frown:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I don't know what yours is but just so you know you are not alone, I had a massive migraine today. I came on soooooo fast I couldn't even take anything to slow it down. It was so bad I was crying at my desk, felt like my forhead was gonna pop open!!!!

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Memaw
  • shaleah77
    shaleah77 Posts: 89
    Options
    I used to get bad migraines frequently. As of late, it is once in a blue moon. I've ended up in the ER, have lost vision at times and vomited many times from them. Usually, when I am in pain, anywhere, I crave heat to put on the affected area, as the cold always makes whatever hurt worse. I have found after trying everything that cold water on your head during a migraine helps, accompanied by the usual dark room, no noise etc. I've been on migraine drugs, motrin never worked in the past nor tylenol even alternating. I have found that if I take motrin as soon as my head starts hurting with coffee it works like a charm!

Of course everyone is different but those are the two things I swear by! Cold water on the head and motrin (ibuprofen) with a coffee jump!

I hope you feel better....those things are horrible :(
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    I get them too, and they've made me barf and once, I lost my vision. I've found that an aspirin, a cup of coffee, and that "head on" roll on junk rubbed over my eyelids does help bring some relief. You are not alone and I sure hope that you are feeling better soon. Can you get to bed early? It won't hurt when you're asleep!:happy:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    It feels a lot better today (thank God, because I couldn't deal with another day of that!) Thanks everyone for your care and concern. :flowerforyou: