Looking for suggestions/help!

Options
Hi, my name is Megan... I weigh 249lbs and I am getting married the end of July! I desperately want to lose weight before the wedding! Does anyone have any suggestions (regarding anything, diet, exercise, etc.) that could help me lose the most weight possible? I have had a great deal of trouble in the past and i tend to procrastinate, hence the reason I am seeing assistance 2 1/2 months before my wedding! Help?! I definitely need it!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is mostly diet .... something like 90%. Exercise is about shaping your body and maintaining existing muscle while losing weight.

If you don't exercise regularly ... find something you can stick with. You will be much happier with the end result, if you exercise.

Many people here on MFP (My Fitness Pal) are working on "lifestyle" changes. Changing the things that made us heavy in the first place. This is really smart - learning to improve our eating habits (and activity level) for the rest of our lives. This means fad diets, and drugs are not what most people will recommend here.