How did you find out about MFP ?

Options
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• vonallena
    vonallena Posts: 34
    Options
    I saw my friend scanning the nutrional info on a cup of yogurt and asked what she was doing.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I found out about MFP from my Curves Instructor. I had been adamant that I didn't want to do their weight management class cuz I knew I would not stick with it but I still wanted to be held accountable for what I put in my system and still be able to lose weight.
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Twitter. A friend was tweeting about it.
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    My friend Brookewoods mentioned it one day so i thought I'd try it out!
  • misspiglet71
    Options
    I saw it on a friends Facebook profile
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    344pounds.com
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit Community fora. Everyone kept saying that MFP had a better food database. Which it does.
  • michelechavez
    Options
    I was bike riding with my friend ibbird00 and mentioned that I was eating better and going to lose weight. She told me about this cool app she is using . . . turned out to be MFP. I'm so glad that she told me about it. I've been here 30 days and have lost 9.5 lbs.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I was a member at another site that didnt have the tools, community or app this one does. I read about mfp on the boards there and the reviews were great so here I am.
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine who has been working on losing weight posted an MFP update on facebook. I followed the link and here I am. I showed it to my mom this weekend and she is supposed to be signing up today. :)
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    My wife got the app and suggested it to me since we're both trying to lose weight.
  • lmschmitt63
    lmschmitt63 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My sister told me about it.
  • Lovely135
    Lovely135 Posts: 161
    Options
    I was searching nutrition fact about something I wanted to eat on google. It sent me to MFP website. I opened an account right away. I had never heard about it before that.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Pilates instructor recommended it.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I write a blog and stalk a lot of blogs...one of the blogs I stalk mentioned it for help losing weight. I spent a few months just logging food before I bothered with the forums and friends.
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It might have been an article talking about apps... I can't recall if I was already a member or if that was what got me to sign up. Too old, no memory haha.
  • Gloriasoo
    Gloriasoo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher. The school nurse sent out a school wide email about MFP.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It was the first app that came up when I searched for "food diary".
  • typnsrl
    typnsrl Posts: 4
    Options
    L lady at work was "doing it" so I asked about it. I thought, it sounds great and I was very surprised to fing out how many others were already on!!! Now there's about 5 of us that friended each other and its alot of fun!:bigsmile:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine on another internet board told me about it. I've used fitday.com and sparkpeople.com, dailyplate.com in the past. MFP was the only one with a free droid ap after I got my droid so it won.