stomach probs

jolinemariem
jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
i have stomach problems. sometimes i have to wake up in the middle of the night because of horrible stomach pain. the only thing that takes it away is like bread type foods or something very filing whats the best low cal thing i can eat so i dont waste all my calories in the middle of the night

Replies

• Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    I would go see your doctor---Stomach pains are hard to live with unless of course it is hunger pangs then I think you should probably eat more during the day of the good stuff
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Have you tried pretzels or saltine crackers with skim milk?

If you are eating enough calories during the day and the pain persists, you probably should have a doctor evaluate the possibility that you have an underlying problem like an ulcer or something else.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    See your doctor - it could be acid reflux "GERD". Could be other things too so have it checked.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    been to the doctor numerouse times. I have acid reflux and irritable bowel syndrome but they said it shouldn't cause pains like i get and the medicine helped with everthing but the pain
    but thanks for the ideas
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    you probably don't need acid reflux meds. I've been through the ringer on that one, and discovered that I have LOW stomach acid. google it. it has the same symptoms as HIGH stomach acid. serious. take some apple cider...if it goes away, that is the problem. if it gets worse, than you have too much stomach acid.
    but low stomach acid can make your tummy KILL...you need to take apple cider vinegar and betaine pills (which is stomach acid) ...wow, what a life saver for me.
    good luck
    Cindy:heart:
This discussion has been closed.