I am starving! Someone please look at my dairy

Options

Replies

• mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Your diet looks fine but you are obviously not logging your wine that you like...so you can add at least another5 500 cals for that.

Your photo looks fine that you are a good weight.

My advice is (and you are asking for advice?)try to eat more protein. What exercise are you doing at the moment?

Walk more, add your alcohol cals, and eat more protein.

Be honest with yourself, because you can only be true to youself x
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    That is true I don't eat all my calories, but I eat almost every two hours.

That's not logical. If you don't eat your calories, that's why you're hungry. It doesn't matter when you eat your calories in the long run as long as you eat them. Is it better to eat every few hours vs. one big meal? If it's working for you, sure. But either way you have to eat.

You're hungry because your body is trying to make you eat.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd say get some more protein in there.

If you don't want more meat, have an ensure extra protein or something like it.

And I put Hemp Hearts on my cereal, and sometimes on my yogurt snack to keep me full.
  • Lovely135
    Lovely135 Posts: 161
    Options
    Also drink lots of water. Sometimes you might feel hungry when in fact you are just thirsty. It works fo me.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    It looks like you just started tracking food on 7 May.

Since then, your average total calorie intake is 1051.
    Your average net calorie intake is 656 (counting today as 0 exercise since you haven't entered it yet.)

This is probably why you are hungry.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Try this out: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

You are most likely eating under your BMR. Calculating your BMR will allow you to discover minimum amount of calories your body needs to function. This amount of calories should only be eaten if you are absolutely sedentary (like lying in bed sick). If you are even *lightly* active, your caloric needs go up significantly. This is why you're tired. You are denying your body of the energy it needs in order to complete your daily tasks.
  • gmehl1819
    gmehl1819 Posts: 1
    Options
    My workout group had a nutritionist come give us advice and he said 1200 calories is what it take to keep a comatose person at the same weight.....you are definitely not eating enough. Couple of my favorite things to eat if I need to feel full is a apple slices with a little peanut butter or take a low carb soft taco shell add grilled chicken strips and a couple pinches of cheese and add salsa--both very satisfying and low cal. My best weight loss weeks are when I consistently eat all my calories allocated to me on fitness pal.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yes you need more calories!!! 1200 isn't enough calories let alone 1100!! I actually didn't lose weight until I started eating 1600 and I now maintain at 1900-2000
  • lextalkslots
    Options
    hey...just a sug.
    eat more proteins...eg. meats, carrots, and cheese!!!
    active excersise cuts your appetite too!!!
  • Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Oh please eat more! I'm getting hungry just looking at your diary :noway:

Disclaimer: I realize not everyone is going to lift and eat like me. This is my advice from my experience so take it or leave it.

I started out at 1200 cals/day and I was MISERABLE. I upped it to 1400 cals/day and I was hungry but it was better. I upped it again to 1800 cals/day and it was better but I was still hungry. I'm now at 2000 cals/day and I'm leaner, happier and more energetic than ever. Check out my food diary and/or blog for more details http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Mossonga

I hope that helps! :flowerforyou:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    You are starving yourself. The minute you eat a decent meal, you will gain weight because your body wonders where it's next meal is going to come from. Eating this way will get you a lifetime of yo-yo dieting. I know; that's exactly what happened to me. Get real.

Edit: I just read your profile. If you have been dieting off and on and ending up weighing more. you need to quit doing what your are doing. It isn't working. Follow MFP's advice and eating plan. It may take a little getting used to (by your body) and then you should start slowly losing weight. Just like I said above. You will continue to yo-yo and each time go up a little higher until you, ultimately, lose the battle and you will have a ton to lose before you get the message. You need to let your body know it doesn't need to hoard calories whenever it gets a few. QUIT STARVING YOURSELF!!!
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    If you are truly hungry, then you need to eat. But remember that thirst can present as hunger, and emotions can also present as hunger.
    Something to think about.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    You are actually starving. Is that your intent? If not, eat more.
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Up your goal to 1200 at least. Eat your exercise calories. You were right to check, being hungry is not a good way to lose weight because you can't sustain it. I eat every couple of hours too it really helps to stabilize my blood sugar. I forgot to check your protein but when you exercise a lot you need a lot of protein to build muscle. You want that muscle because then it is easier for your body to not gain weight. You are doing great just a few tweaks here and there! This is a process!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Lots of what I saw in your diary breaks down to sugar pretty fast, milk, carrots, potatoes, banana...

Try playing with what you eat choose slower carbs, add some seeds nuts and healthy fat and see how that works.
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    First you Need to up your calorie count! 1100 is too little (and even 1200 is pretty low). I'd try raising it slowly and aim for losing 1 pound max a week. Otherwise your hunger really does get the best of you. You're eating healthy, but I'd add some potatoes (sparingly) and nuts always keep me fuller. Granted they're higher in calorie content, but having a little bit isn't bad. I LOVE salads! Not as a meal, (I use a little bit of dressing, cut up some tomatoes on top, maybe I'll add three or four croutons--the beauty is that you get to put whatever you want on it!! And it's always a super filling supplement to a meal). I'm not going to say I've got it all figured out, but I've got a few tricks (and a great stuffed eggplant recipe you might love! Low calorie, yummy, and you can reheat the leftovers for later!) I'd be happy to be a part of your journey! Add me! :)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    If you are truly hungry, then you need to eat. But remember that thirst can present as hunger, and emotions can also present as hunger.
    Something to think about.

^^^ This - you also eat like someone who has had weight loss surgery and they eat like that because they typically cant eat much more than that (like myself) . I notice your protein is fractional like .3 oz that is not a lot of protein at all. Protein helps keep you feeling fuller longer. I eat at least 2-4 oz of protein and I am good as gold. I would definitely recommend eating more for sure - you need to keep your body fueled!
  • mandalu292
    mandalu292 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating fractions of lunch meat and fruit? Eat whole portions!

Could not agree more... those are some very small portions! I say eat more as well... no wonder you are hungry.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said....YOU'RE NOT EATING ENOUGH. Oh yes I did just do that all in caps! Diets do not have to be so painful. Food is good for you, it's fuel for your body! In my opinion 1100 calories a day is too low. And from your diary your not even netting that much. Bump up those calories!
  • tmandras
    tmandras Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    yes, more!
    my diary is public, take a look if you want some ideas... I eat every 3 hrs - 6 meal/snacks a day, no matter what! I have a hard time reaching my calories somedays but they are set at 1750! I am NEVER hungry if I make myself stay on schedule. If I am I eat a handful of almonds or spoonful of PB.
    Good Luck!