car snacks

Options
I have trouble because I get hungry before I can get home and cook dinner. Especially if I have errands to run. What type of snacks can I keep in the car that aren't perishable? Anyone else have this problem and what do you do?

Replies

• magichan
    magichan Posts: 1
    Options
    Not sure where you are in the world... but in the UK Marks and SPencers are doing cereal type bars at 85 cals each - apple and cinnamon is my fav and I keep in the glove compartment and do the job of filling a gap and they are sweet too.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    beef jerky?
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    Second jerky! I keep turkey jerky in my desk at work if I need a little something/pick me up.

Are you drinking a lot of water throughout the day? Having enough protein, especially at lunch?

If I know that I am feeling rather ravenous and won't eat dinner until around 6pm, I will have a snack before I leave work (typically around 3:30ish). That may be a greek yogurt, string cheese, the previously mentioned turkey jerky or even a piece of candy or two. I'm a big gum person as well.
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    I keep the 100 calories packs in my car, 90 cal ceral bars, 90 cal s'mores chewys, and the smartfood popcorn. I also have kids so they snack too. With these items I am not tempted by the m&m's my kids want.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Mixed nuts, granola, gum to give you something to chew with flavor but not actually eating, water to keep you full for a little while longer, Cheerio's (surprisingly easy to snack on) that's all I really have for suggestions on non-perishable foods to keep in the car.