493 cal's left for the day.. Im hungry..

Options
:frown:

I need suggestions ..I only have 493(this includes exercise) calories left for the day and its 2:15! I need something low cal and something filling that will stay w me through the rest of the day! Any ideas wd be appriciated!

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    lean meat, vegetables and water
  • iambabygoose
    iambabygoose Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have had a vegetable stir fry with noodles which was very filling and under 400 cal! Grab a pear or something to keep you going until dinner?
    It's 10pm here and I have 668 calories left and I'm stuffed... =S
  • lovieb1
    lovieb1 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks... Turkey meat and carrotts it is then.
  • lovieb1
    Options
    what kind of noodles??
  • sarahlynn88
    Options
    I always find that gum & water ties me over until supper time. A piece of Trident gum is normally only 5 calories, and of course, water has no calories. I also find that Nature Valley bars are great. They usually come in packs of 2 (the ones without the yogurt). I just eat one & save the 2nd for later. Either way, most of them (for two bars) are only 170 calories. One bar fills me up more than 5 cookies (or more) ever would, and it's much healthier! :smile:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of soup. It's very filling and (unless you're eating creamy, cheesy soup) pretty low calorie.

I'm making a hawaiian ginger chicken stew tonight that I plan to devour! I only have 400 calories left today, myself.
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/hawaiian_ginger_chicken_stew.html
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Romaine Lettuce, Chicken breast, Russian Dressing, Pinch of low fat Cheddar, Salad Sprinkles, Red Onion diced, Carrots

or

Yoplait Light Yogurt + 1-2 cups fresh or frozen fruit
  • lovieb1
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of soup. It's very filling and (unless you're eating creamy, cheesy soup) pretty low calorie.

I'm making a hawaiian ginger chicken stew tonight that I plan to devour! I only have 400 calories left today, myself.
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/hawaiian_ginger_chicken_stew.html

Just looked that recipe over ...sounds and looked delicious! Thank You!
  • DeniseSwift
    DeniseSwift Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah....chug a tall glass of water. Don't smoke pot (muchies). Eat a ginormous salad...slowly. Enjoy every bite. Slow down. Then have a nice 350 calorie meal. Eat it slow, too. Do something to keep yourself from obsessing about food. Drink another big glass of water....make a smoothie for dessert. A green smoothie instead of the salad would fill you up and they are soooo good for you!!!
    Make some beaded jewelry, read a good book, go for a bike ride. If you do a fun activity with someone you won't need food to fill
    an emptiness we all have sometimes. Just sayin'....
  • iambabygoose
    iambabygoose Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sharwoods straight to wok noodles haha!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    lean meat, vegetables and water
    this....
  • steinbok
    steinbok Posts: 82
    Options
    Exercise some more, then eat :)

OR

drink another glass of water.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Meat and three veg! Old fashioned meal your mother would have served you, it may be boring but this is the basis of a healthy diet.
  • DeniseSwift
    DeniseSwift Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Those other suggestions are good ones, too. A stir-fry with SOME noodles takes a long time to eat and can be filling. Just watch out
    for the high sodium you could be adding. And the soup is a good one, too. Filling, low in calories...but could be very high in sodium, too. Chock full of veges and a little bit of pasta...mmmmm. And a BIG salad with it....
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Watch out for canned soups, too much salt + calories.

And I try to avoid noodles. Carbs ouch!
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i find my fresh fruit smoothies to be pretty filling 1 banana about a cup of strawberries and a few blueberries with some fat free vanilla yogurt DELISH!!
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    What about some light cottage cheese mixed with a ton of veggies?
    I love it with baby tomatos, red pepper and spring onions and I add some garlic, paprika and chilli powder.
    A whole tub of cottage cheese comes in at less than 200 calories and it's full of protein so should keep you feeling full for a while.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    if it was 2:15 here and i was starving with only 493 calories left i would
    have an apple (130) or an orange (100)
    a big glass of water (0)
    for dinner a piece of broiled tilapia (100), some steamed asparagus (20) and some mashed cauliflower with a bit of butter (100).

320-350 total

you could even put some peanut butter on that apple!
  • jennievh
    jennievh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It's hard, isn't it? Sometimes it feels so bleak.

I like popcorn for filling myself up. Also, salad with lots of fresh or canned veggies (I adore canned green beans on salads).

But, Geneen Roth would say, What is it you're really hungry for? And that you should eat some of that. So slow down, close your eyes, and figure out what it is your body needs.

For me, 75% of the time, it's water. Which was a real surprise the first few times.
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Shirataki Noodles! - Zero calories....