Losing weight & stretch marks

Options
13»

Replies

• africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    i've lost almost 50 and nope they're still hanging around. doesn't bother me though.

i don't think you can ever get rid of them, but i do think you can get them lightened by laser treatments/cream
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Depends on your skin tone & such. . .My stretch marks haven't gone away, but they are REALLY low on my abdomen, so I was able to wear a bikini on vay-kay. The ones on my hip aren't as noticeable, but they never were. And the ones under my boobs, well, no one but my hubby and the doctor ever see those anyway!!

My friend who is Brazillian and quite dark skinned has stretch marks and although she is a BEAST at Crossfit and like 20% bodyfat. . . gestating 6 babies in a little tiny body put a hurt on her for stretch marks. She's solid as a rock, but you can see her stretch marks so easily because of her dark skin tone.

I hope yours fade to a place where you aren't worried about it!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Wear a bikini anyway. No one is perfect.
  • bec_232
    bec_232 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of stretch marks from my first pregnancy (5 yrs ago) and they are still very visible. It looks like I have flames around my belly button.

It sucks but it you feel comfortable with how your body looks in a bikini than I won't worry much about the them. If you are in a bikini men are checking out your figure not a few stretch marks here and there.
  • SarahAquino84
    SarahAquino84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tanning does help make them less noticeable.
    My boyfriend always says... you should be proud of your stretch marks, that means that you have come a long way in your weight loss journey.
    Easier said than done but he is right.
  • faireplay
    Options
    They will never go away. Never. They will fade with time but they will be with you until the day you die unless you have surgery for loose skin and even then only the ones on the skin that is removed will be gone. And yes in some cases the stretch marks make the loose skin look even worse. I've actually heard women use the loose skin/stretch mark thing as an excuse not to lose the weight....because the fat filled skin is apparently so much more attractive *baer* Just get healthy, enjoy the amazing things your body is capable of and to hell with what people think.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!