tips for babydom?

Options
togobug
togobug Posts: 58 Member
So my husband and i have been trying for about a year. The doc said to lose weight and we both have. Any other tips you guys might have? Please don't say stand on your head no joke I'm tired of that lol

Replies

• icastro25
    icastro25 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Download the "My Days" app on your phone. It helps keep track of your periods, ovulation, and you can even take daily temperatures and record them to more accurate determine when ovulation occurs. This helps identify the best days to try. It's a free app and can really help people get pregnant.

Let me know if it helps!!!!
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    This book was helpful to my daughter who just had a baby boy: http://realbabyfood.info/the-book.html

Preparing your body to be a mother is the best gift you can give your baby. Sorry, that's not very modern thinking, but I believe we were blessed with, and given the enormous responsibility as a woman, to bring life into this world ... and the best payback/payforward is the healthiest baby possible.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    We tried for 9 months before we conceived my son - what seemed to "do the trick"was:

to lose 30 lbs (I had about 50 to lose)
    I cut caffeine
    And we followed a "plan" (It has a name but I'm blanking at the moment) where we had sex every odd day of my cycle, days 12-16 every day and then back to every other day.

Of course that same plan hasn't worked for the second try.

I've heard of others taking robotussen or Musonex (sp?) to improve their CM
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are going through this now. It is very frustrating...:grumble:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    My tip is to go to fertilityfriend.com and read as much as you can there. They have an ovulation calendar you can track your dates etc on, there is alot of support for people with fertility issues. I've got secondary infertility, and I got a lot of helpful information from there.

Good luck.