Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

workout for my fat self

Let me start with, I walk close to 5 miles a day, 5 days a week. I take tae kwon do at least twice a week for 2 hours at a time. I have been on my wii fit every day for 3 weeks, but it is getting boring. Any ideas/suggestions?

Replies

• BLSBoyer
    BLSBoyer Posts: 36 Member
    ZUMBA! It's so much fun and you aren't concentrating on just working out, but learning the dance moves, so it feels less like exercise :) I also do yoga because it is low impact, keeps me feeling centered, and helps keep me from getting hurt while doing other exercises. Mix it up! Working out shouldn't be so boring!

17816880.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chusheto1
    chusheto1 Posts: 29
    Books on tape. There is an app "Overdrive" that allows you to check out books on tape from your local library for free (assuming your library membership is free).

Motion Traxx - music podcast

Lastly, mix it up. Go swimming instead of walking. Hike. Sign up for group exercise. Join a running, walking group. I know the gym rats make it a very unappealing proposition, but... try lifting weights. For a while I was switching my routine every month, to avoid getting bored. Check out active.com. They have routines like "from couch to 5k", etc. etc. I believe they are free. You can also find local races (5k, 10k, etc.) that might keep you motivated and working towards a goal.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    see if there's progressive tae kwan do classes to challenge yourself - or try a different class like krav maga.....?
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    My advice is to cut the negative self talk. Your self is not fat. Your self is kind, and smart, and talented and wonderful. Don't sabotage yourself before you've had a chance to find success! :)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,446 Member
    strength training or calisthenics
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Anything new. Learning something new will make it more fun...at least for a while. Then you can switch it up again.

The other thing is...you may also accept that exercise may not be fun. I know everyone says "find something you like." But I don't like exercise. I like the way it makes me feel, but not the thing itself. When I let myself accept that, it allowed me to stop shopping for the elusive thing I would enjoy, and to pick exercise for reasons other than enjoyment. Like efficiency. Or how challenging it is for me. So I run. And I do high intensity weight intervals. I don't "enjoy" either. But I also never do either for more than 30 minutes at a time, so, I figure, like brushing my reach or making breakfast, its okay if I don't find it endlessly entertaining. Now. This is me...it may *not* be you. But I just wanted to point out that it really is an okay option.
  • kryia
    kryia Posts: 10
    Thanks everyone for your ideas. I picked up zumba 2 for the wii today and im going to give it a whirl. :)
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    I just got Zumba 2 for WII also, I am trying it out tonight :)