that awkward moment when...=(

Options

Replies

• beautifulblac84
    Options
    Brings back childhood memories... my little sister shopped with all the rest of the cute kid clothes and I always went to the Plus sized kid sections were there was less choices.

But now I workout and have come to love and totally accept my body type (and not be jealous of my sister!) She may have the slimness but I've got bigger boobs! :laugh:

Long story short, you're beautiful how you are! And the section you shop in will never change what kind of person you are. :heart:

lol..big ups for bigger boobs!!!..:laugh: and your last sentence was well said..beautiful!!.:flowerforyou:
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You think that's awful. I went shopping with one of my friends once when I was bigger, and she was a bit bigger than me, we went into a store and one of the ladies working there told her she was too big and probably wouldn't be able to fit into any of the clothes there. She told me about it after we left, what's even worse is she was wearing something she had bought from that store. I mean, who says something like that? Ugh!!
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    You think that's awful. I went shopping with one of my friends once when I was bigger, and she was a bit bigger than me, we went into a store and one of the ladies working there told her she was too big and probably wouldn't be able to fit into any of the clothes there. She told me about it after we left, what's even worse is she was wearing something she had bought from that store. I mean, who says something like that? Ugh!!

and she would of lost her job that day :angry:
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

Oh no!!! How do you say something like that to a customer???
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    This goes both ways though. I have 2 friends that are on the lower end of the sizes of Lane Bryant and when I go in that store or even the Plus section in JC Penney, EVERYONE, store clerks, customers, etc, give me the evil eye.

Just think of it this way, you are on a journey to not have to shop in different stores. That should keep you motivated! Every little bit helps!
  • Shajadea
    Shajadea Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Aside from skinny friends that shop in different sections, does anyone have a friend that loads up her cart (TJ MAXX) just to get to the checkout and say, "I don't want these items." How embarrassing! She will even try on jewelry and have them hold it for her and never come back to get it. ??? I want to hide!
  • Gr3y_Knigh7
    Options
    Someone walks in on you singing and dancing to Beyonce's all the single ladies.......
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    This goes both ways though. I have 2 friends that are on the lower end of the sizes of Lane Bryant and when I go in that store or even the Plus section in JC Penney, EVERYONE, store clerks, customers, etc, give me the evil eye.

Just think of it this way, you are on a journey to not have to shop in different stores. That should keep you motivated! Every little bit helps!
    lol..i simply hate when people do that..make me feel like i got "look at me" on my forehead :noway:
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    Aside from skinny friends that shop in different sections, does anyone have a friend that loads up her cart (TJ MAXX) just to get to the checkout and say, "I don't want these items." How embarrassing! She will even try on jewelry and have them hold it for her and never come back to get it. ??? I want to hide!

lmao..:laugh: omg!!..to funny!!! :laugh:
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    Someone walks in on you singing and dancing to Beyonce's all the single ladies.......

o o ooohhhh oh oh uuhh uhh ooooo :laugh:
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Honestly I don't shop with anyone but my mom or hubs, and that's even rare. ... Unless its for just cruising around the mall or whatever. These are the only two people on the planet that can handle how serious I am about shopping and I think it's difficult to shop with someone who needs to go to a different section, different store etc.. Even if they have different tastes let alone sizes. Shopping alone is the ultimate girl day!!
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    you go shopping with your skinny friends and they go to the jr miss section but you have to go to the PLUS section ..sigh :grumble:

Or they drag you into stores you KNOW don't have your size. And you feel like everyone's looking at you and wondering why the fat chick is even IN that store.

My Sister-in-law calls me out of the dressing room to check out how "too tight" her size 0 jeggings are. She always drags everyone around in the conversation and fishes for complements while I am on call in my XLs errr.... I have finally learned to put her off as long as possible.
    lol..that have actually happened to me before..i promise she turned around in the mirror a thousand times asking us how her butt looks, how her hips look, are they to tight,..etc..sigh..i wanted to scream

At size 0, she HAS no butt!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options

The cashier doesn't care. Lots of people hold stuff and don't come back. It's actually a tactic I use. I go through the whole mall put potential purchases on hold..work my way back through the mall in reverse and pick Up the things I want..forget the things I don't want. That way if I find something better a few stores down I don't have to hassle with returns!

Ps...size zero people can have butts... (in response to above reply)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    This is why I shop on my own, or with my mother who always tells me how proud she is of my weightloss and how thin I look when I try things on <3
  • beautifulblac84
    Options

The cashier doesn't care. Lots of people hold stuff and don't come back. It's actually a tactic I use. I go through the whole mall put potential purchases on hold..work my way back through the mall in reverse and pick Up the things I want..forget the things I don't want. That way if I find something better a few stores down I don't have to hassle with returns!
    hmmm..smart shopping :huh:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    you go shopping with your skinny friends and they go to the jr miss section but you have to go to the PLUS section ..sigh :grumble:

Or they drag you into stores you KNOW don't have your size. And you feel like everyone's looking at you and wondering why the fat chick is even IN that store.

I have been in that position :( What terrible people
  • THEErikaR
    THEErikaR Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Uh... yeah... awkward!!! Hate it... :/
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    :ohwell: