Need Help

Options
pg3ibew
pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
I changed my goals a bit.

I was trying to achieve 180 pounds, 70 pound weight loss.

I was clearly headed the right way and should have reached that goal in a few more weeks.

I decided to stop at 60 pounds down and maitain 190 pounds and start maintainance.

Here is where I need help. I decided to QUIT SMOKING.

Any advice would be helpful.

Replies

• Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Chew gum, carrot sticks, if you have been smoking a long time you will need to fill your hands and time, after meals take a walk, stay away from bars and maybe drinking if that makes you smoke more. Maybe make it so if you feel like smoking you do jumping jacks till the feeling fades or something. That is all I got hope it helps
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Chew gum, carrot sticks, if you have been smoking a long time you will need to fill your hands and time, after meals take a walk, stay away from bars and maybe drinking if that makes you smoke more. Maybe make it so if you feel like smoking you do jumping jacks till the feeling fades or something. That is all I got hope it helps

Thanks, being on maintanance means I get to eat more. So, I have been pacing my snacks to go with times when I would want a smoke.
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I went through tootsie roll pops like crazy. I know that with dieting that may not be the best thing, but maybe you could use it just to get through the transition. The suckers seemed to really work with me because it let me still have that mouth-to-hand movement that I did with smoking. That habit was just as hard for me as the nicotine addiction.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I've never smoked, so no advice. I really wanted to say Congratulations, though. I know it must be a little overwhelming, but you can get through it, and one day you'll be really glad you did. Bravo, man! :-D
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I replaced smoking with a physical activity, and gained nothing. I chewed a crap ton of gum.

Good luck!
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    The Tootsie roll pops worked for me the last time I quit. I am concernec about the calories. I will need 100 a day LOL.
  • sherimacquarrie
    sherimacquarrie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My husband is on week 4!! He has been smoking a pack a day for nearly 30 years! He is wearing the patch and sucking those "Thrive nicotine lozenges". He says that they make a huge difference! I am so proud of him!! He says he feels better already!! Good Luck!!! :)
  • MarthaAnn8186
    MarthaAnn8186 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Nicotine patch's helped my husband, who had smoked most of his life.
  • beadgrlmi
    beadgrlmi Posts: 2
    Options
    Celery will help to neutralize everything that will rise up the minute you quit smoking. Your lungs start repairing the minute you quit. Take a shower whenever you feel like having a cigarette...you can't smoke in the shower. Good luck! You can do it!
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    I am on the patch. What seems to bother me more than the nicotine is the hand to mouth habit. I think I am gonna run out to Rite-Aid and pick up some sugar free lolli-pops in between periods of the Ranger Game.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Celery will help to neutralize everything that will rise up the minute you quit smoking. Your lungs start repairing the minute you quit. Take a shower whenever you feel like having a cigarette...you can't smoke in the shower. Good luck! You can do it!

I may have to move my TV, Couch and Living room table into the shower LOL
  • 152dbs
    152dbs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    man, ur doing it smarter than i did. i used to smoke newports and wanted to quit badly. so i went and got a pack of clove cigarettes and tried to smoke them like i did newports....God i was nauseus. that was 15 years ago and i hate smelling them to this day.

keep working at it. lollipops are great. change only happens to those who want it. my dad has tried to quit 3-4 times without luck. keep it up man, ull be glad u did.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    man, ur doing it smarter than i did. i used to smoke newports and wanted to quit badly. so i went and got a pack of clove cigarettes and tried to smoke them like i did newports....God i was nauseus. that was 15 years ago and i hate smelling them to this day.

keep working at it. lollipops are great. change only happens to those who want it. my dad has tried to quit 3-4 times without luck. keep it up man, ull be glad u did.

Thanks. I once quit for five solid years and went back to it for 5 more. I have been pissed at myself from the day I went back. I Felt this was a good time to quit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!