Lower Belly Fat?

Options
SO guys ive only lost 3 lbs but im totally okay with that :) ive lost 4inches around my upper waist since january but only an inch off my lower belly. Any excercises to do to lose this???

P.s. i already run atleast 2 miles a day

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Nope. No such thing as spot reducing, you can only lose fat and it will come off where it is genetically destined.
  • kokopest16
    kokopest16 Posts: 5
    Options
    Nope. No such thing as spot reducing, you can only lose fat and it will come off where it is genetically destined.

i was kinda hoping i wouldnt hear this lol i feel like im doomed
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Bump...That is one of my huge problem areas as well
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

^^this
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

^^this
    With that being said it doesnt mean your doomed. Check out all the "I didnt loose any weight but check out my abs" type threads. I think people want this when they ask for spot reducing because they want to loose inches. It seems that weight training with cardio is prefered?
  • AshelieGovea
    AshelieGovea Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try eating more avacados and drink more green tea. These are supposed to help burn belly fat. There are other foods too but I forgot lol. I'm sure you can Google belly fat burning foods.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    OP you arent doomed. you cant spot reduce but eventually your body will get around to taking fat from your lower body. the general rule of thumb is first place you notice weight gain is the last place you will notice weight loss.

just keep doing what you're doing and it'll work out
  • hilsidney
    hilsidney Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Cardio to get rid of the fat for sure, and there are a lot of great pilates moves you can do to tighten up your lower abs as you drop the fat. I've heard that reverse crunches are really good for toning up your lower belly.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Try eating more avacados and drink more green tea. These are supposed to help burn belly fat. There are other foods too but I forgot lol. I'm sure you can Google belly fat burning foods.

This is such a myth.. no food burns belly fat.

To OP:
    Eat at a deficit, lift heavy,do cardio and wait.. it's about all you can do.
  • anonymouscuban
    Options

Hmm... let me see if I understand this correctly. If you want to lose fat in your belly, eat more avocados? Please explain to me what magical properties avocados have that make you burn fat in the belly. Hell, show me how they will help you burn fat ANY WHERE on the body.

Seriously OP... You want to lose the lower belly fat? Eat less, exercise more. Sounds like you've lost some weight already so you're doing something right. Keep doing it. Keep in mind though that if you've dropped weight, you need to lower your caloric intake since your BMR lowers, the more weight you drop. The lower belly is the last spot to lose and it will take some work but it can be done.

Sorry for beating you up Avocado Advocate. I just get frustrated when people regurgitate complete BS as fact.
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options

Seriously OP... You want to lose the lower belly fat? Eat less, exercise more. Sounds like you've lost some weight already so you're doing something right. Keep doing it. Keep in mind though that if you've dropped weight, you need to lower your caloric intake since you're BMR lowers, the more weight you drop. The lower belly is the last spot to lose and it will take some work but it can be done.

^^^^This - You have got to lower your BF%
  • lissaann22479
    lissaann22479 Posts: 163
    Options
  • lissaann22479
    lissaann22479 Posts: 163
    Options

Hmm... let me see if I understand this correctly. If you want to lose fat in your belly, eat more avocados? Please explain to me what magical properties avocados have that make you burn fat in the belly. Hell, show me how they will help you burn fat ANY WHERE on the body.

Seriously OP... You want to lose the lower belly fat? Eat less, exercise more. Sounds like you've lost some weight already so you're doing something right. Keep doing it. Keep in mind though that if you've dropped weight, you need to lower your caloric intake since your BMR lowers, the more weight you drop. The lower belly is the last spot to lose and it will take some work but it can be done.

Sorry for beating you up Avocado Advocate. I just get frustrated when people regurgitate complete BS as fact.
  • AshelieGovea
    Options
    :)
  • AshelieGovea
    Options

I said SUPPOSED to. Thanks for reading before you open your mouth. In case you don't have a dictionary handy.."supposed to" is means it may or may not. I also said HELP burn belly fat. Not burn it off. It was just an idea to throw out there. I didn't tell her to go on an all avacado diet. She asked for ideas so i gave her one to look into. It's no secret the health benefits in Avacados and Green Tea. Almost two-thirds of the fat in avacados are heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. This healthy fat content in avocados can act to suppress appetite when eaten in moderation and is useful for those seeking to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Sorry didn't mean to beat you up Anti-Avocado Advocate but i hate when people decide to go off on someone without actually READING what was said.
  • kokopest16
    kokopest16 Posts: 5
    Options
    Didn't mean to start controversy guys :/
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Didn't mean to start controversy guys :/

It's pretty normal - don't let it put you off. Check out the 'what can I count as water?" posts. You would think it would be a simple question - oh no - over 20 pages of debate!